Shenanigans at the Barrel House (5 Viewers)

Was awesome to be back playing again with this crew, and an added bonus that 7 out of 8 attendees were PCF members, so we could actually talk chips without getting the stink eye from those who couldn’t care less.

Being the last one standing after being the first one to rebuy early on in the night was also an unexpected bonus. With the way we all basically passed chips around for the final couple hours, could have gone just about any way.

And thanks to @JMC9389 for generously donating some sweet cut cards to the crowd as well.

Was awesome to be back playing again with this crew, and an added bonus that 7 out of 8 attendees were PCF members, so we could actually talk chips without getting the stink eye from those who couldn’t care less.

Being the last one standing after being the first one to rebuy early on in the night was also an unexpected bonus. With the way we all basically passed chips around for the final couple hours, could have gone just about any way.

And thanks to @JMC9389 for generously donating some sweet cut cards to the crowd as well.

congrats and well played. Thanks for hosting @Irish I would apologize for us all playing so tight but I blame it on the fact that we weren’t flopping Quads every couple of minutes like we are use to on poker mavens.

You're very welcome! It definitely was the longest 8 seated tournament I've played in. Whenever I thought there would be an elimination it seemed like there would be split pots or double ups every single time.

congrats and well played. Thanks for hosting @Irish I would apologize for us all playing so tight but I blame it on the fact that we weren’t flopping Quads every couple of minutes like we are use to on poker mavens.
If I had cards to play I would have played more hands lol. I had two whole orbits in the beginning and after the second break where I had absolutely nothing to play. Just tried to get it in on my premium hands when I got them!

No quad hands last night either. A couple of close calls for straight flushes but no such luck for a monster hand to get the chips in play.

Regardless, great to see you guys again. Stay safe and healthy till next time!

4 hour 8 man nit-fest, still none out :LOL: :laugh:

20200919_000058.jpg

Fun night last night! I played a couple of early hands poorly and ended up rebuying again. Ended up 3rd place cashing out what I was in for though! It was good to see the local PCF crew again!

20200919_003716.jpg

Where the game pics! If I’m going to be home sick missing out I want some pics of towers of chips.

Reactions: 72o
I'll also post this here. The DDLM Chocolate covered Oreos made by Mrs. Irish were awesome. I even was able to get one for my son and wife.

1604122494015.png

Last edited:
You mean the game ended before 2am for once. Impossible
I even got 7 hours of sleep coming into work this morning. That was a pleasant surprise indeed!
Lucky me!

Another great night, thanks @Irish and also @LordEpyon @Nuhockey @JMC9389 @theewpice for great company!

View attachment 565207
Likewise sir, always a good game and good company with you guys.

Side note: I did not expect to like the feel of the DDLM's as much as I did. Is anyone up for a WSOP Main Event tribute group buy on these 43mm ceramics?

I thought I'd be in chip nirvana after my CPC sets come in. Damn you all...

I even got 7 hours of sleep coming into work this morning. That was a pleasant surprise indeed!

Likewise sir, always a good game and good company with you guys.

Side note: I did not expect to like the feel of the DDLM's as much as I did. Is anyone up for a WSOP Main Event tribute group buy on these 43mm ceramics?

I loved those DDLMs and might be in depending on what is being ordered.

I've owned just about every kind of ceramics from Chipcos to NJs to several different custom blanks, IMHO ABC's customs are the best, just buttery smooth.

This was the first time I've had the 43mms in play, it took me about an hour to get used to grabbing them for the pot collection. Next game the normal 39mms will be like playing with smarties lol

I’ve been wanting a 43mm set. I bought a set from the imperial plaza GB but sold the set before they were even shipped to me. I had all for charity just ship them right to the new buyer.

it’s like I buy sets from group buys knowing someone will regret missing out on them.

Was pleasantly surprised by them as well. Really liked the matte feel. The DDLM theme isn’t my cup of tea, with the spooky artwork and all that, but the actual chips were awesome.

Was pleasantly surprised by them as well. Really liked the matte feel. The DDLM theme isn’t my cup of tea, with the spooky artwork and all that, but the actual chips were awesome.

Yep I can appreciate that, I initially found the design a bit campy but they grew on me really quick, I find them incredibly unique and interesting. What I will say though is I think the design (like it or not) is a perfect example of how great ceramic designs should be done, utilizing all that canvas space (much different than designing clay chips). The Paymaster customs and the old American Beauty lineups are two more great examples of truly fantastic ceramic designs, they're like little pieces of art. The result of those types of design, though - much like art - is that they're often very theme specific and not widely liked by the masses, so you don't see lots of group buys for them.

I'm going to send out a PM later today when I get home regarding a potential group buy rather than pollute this thread. I'd want to have at least a 3000 chip order to get the lowest price point on the 43mm ceramics (0.79 per chip)

Have fun guys. Looking forward to sharing felt again hopefully sooner rather than later. Better days ahead...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom