Shenanigans at the Barrel House (2 Viewers)

And we're off....

20220326_191743.jpg

2 more gross hands tonight that killed me lol. First one was a big one 4 way all-in pre-flop before the rebuy break that went @JMC9389 's way, second was a gross turn that crippled me for good.....

123_1(1).jpeg

123_1.jpeg

#PokerSorry
Hahaha no worries my friend, I always enjoy playing (and hosting), even on the cold runs. Yesterday was fun, lots of great action, I can't remember the last time we had do many side pots to calculate lol.

Hahaha no worries my friend, I always enjoy playing (and hosting), even on the cold runs. Yesterday was fun, lots of great action, I can't remember the last time we had do many side pots to calculate lol.

I like playing too, even if I’m not winning. I apologize for the late rebuy. I was on the fence about it, then I realized how it was still early enough that I wanted to play more.

I like playing too, even if I’m not winning. I apologize for the late rebuy. I was on the fence about it, then I realized how it was still early enough that I wanted to play more.
In retrospect, allowing that was a bad decision...... ;):LOL: :laugh:

(j/k of course)

@Irish def suffered some bad beats tonight. Must be the curse of playing with your own customs. You are still the greatest poker host IMO. #PokerSorry
And to be fair, while some were pretty bad where I got it in good (KK<JT, JJ<AQ), several spots were just running into monsters at the wrong spot, like running into KKs with AK on that that big 4 way all-in that left me with 2 chips lol. Sometimes poker is just stupid.

It’s two times now that I busted out of a tournament and rebought and said the words, “Now I’m going to win this F@#%ing thing!” and have had a 2 way chop for 1st Place. That will need to be saying every time to help me win. It was a good tournament with a lot of action and rebuys.

I like the color combo on your $1000 btw irish.

is that orange with canary and peacock spots?

The last time we played a progressive bounty tournament was August 2021. I chopped that game as will to come in top two. I think I found my wheel house. I shall now only show up to progressive bounty games.

AOC style bounties.....

;)

$50 buyin, $10 goes to the pot and $40 is your bounty. When you knock someone out, you take half their bounty value as cash, the other half gets added to your bounty value. So the more people you knock out, the bigger the price on your head...

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/shenanigans-at-the-barrel-house.52487/post-995293
Oh wow I never heard of that. Sounds Awesome. I just talked to my South Jersey Crew into bounties, I'll hold the progressive part for a few more sessions before I blow their minds. lol

Oh wow I never heard of that. Sounds Awesome. I just talked to my South Jersey Crew into bounties, I'll hold the progressive part for a few more sessions before I blow their minds. lol
You do a little at a time. You add bounties, then you make them progressive or wholly bounty games only like I do sometimes.

Then you introduce mixed games like pineapple, PLO, and super hold 'em to your group on cash nights. Then you really drop the hammer and introduce Scrotum, Scarney, double board PLO, Big O, and wild card games like follow the queen, etc. Start out fixed limit on those games, but if you must go pot limit, play at 1/4 the stakes you're used to. These games there are lots of players playing each other for stacks and it's not uncommon for someone to be on their 3rd or 4th buy in just one hour into the session. Your wallets will thank you!

Chin up, the variance is due to go both of our ways soon. Only one positive session on my end in the past four months as well.

You do a little at a time. You add bounties, then you make them progressive or wholly bounty games only like I do sometimes.

Then you introduce mixed games like pineapple, PLO, and super hold 'em to your group on cash nights. Then you really drop the hammer and introduce Scrotum, Scarney, double board PLO, Big O, and wild card games like follow the queen, etc. Start out fixed limit on those games, but if you must go pot limit, play at 1/4 the stakes you're used to. These games there are lots of players playing each other for stacks and it's not uncommon for someone to be on their 3rd or 4th buy in just one hour into the session. Your wallets will thank you!
lol sounds like I have a lot to learn

IMHO it's really more for long standing games (that run tourneys) looking for something a little different to mix things up. I've run monthly tourneys for over a decade, just started doing these 2-3 years ago, and even then only once or twice a year.

The nature of the game draws a lot more action (more like a cash game), so it's a good game to mix in if you feel your games are getting slow & nitty lol

IMHO it's really more for long standing games (that run tourneys) looking for something a little different to mix things up. I've run monthly tourneys for over a decade, just started doing these 2-3 years ago, and even then only once or twice a year.

The nature of the game draws a lot more action (more like a cash game), so it's a good game to mix in if you feel your games are getting slow & nitty lol
Yeah we are just getting started, so it's very new and exciting. Not time to mix it up too much yet. How many "usuals" do you wind up having? Right now I have a ton of interest but I feel like it's going to very quickly wane

Yeah we are just getting started, so it's very new and exciting. Not time to mix it up too much yet. How many "usuals" do you wind up having? Right now I have a ton of interest but I feel like it's going to very quickly wane

I have 40 on my distribution list and at this point about 12 of those are regulars, another 8 or so will show up 2-3 times a year, and the rest come once in a while.

If you want to host a standing game, you should always have recruiting in mind - your game is either growing or dying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom