Sheltering In Place-Official Thread? (1 Viewer)

My children's first online Karate class through Zoom. I'm seriously impressed that the instructor has set this up so quickly and has already got a regular schedule of classes going online. Small business owners doing stuff right! I wish their school district was 1/10th as proactive.

View attachment 425400
My wife owns a fitness center/gym. Think boutique for middle aged women. She's been filming online content the last two days. It amazes me how quickly people can adapt. Understandably not all businesses can do this, but it's nice to see people making an effort.

We've been self quarantining for about 3 weeks now because I've been studying the data and saw this all coming, and I'm high risk because of my prior bouts with pneumonia. We loaded up on food and supplies and have just been staying busy with projects and family time. It's boring at times, but it's been nice too. I just finished building a 3D printer, so I'm excited to play around with that. Also decided to start learning Chinese. Not sure how far I'll get with that, but it's fun to learn so far.

I'm fortunate to be able to work from home though. But I'm scared for those who cannot. Sadly, this is going to have to last for a lot longer than 3 weeks. They're just starting with the "3 weeks" line to see how it goes, but it's going to take several months if we want to have any chance of keeping our Healthcare system from getting overwhelmed.

The term Netflix and chill is taking on an entirely new moment.

Lucky to have laundry in my building. Went to do some yesterday and found that my luck had changed. Our washer is out of order o_O

Laundry in the sink is fun! Yay!

So I've not been able to "shelter in place" as a matter of fact I've worked non stop. Wednesday and Thursday were the first days off I'd had in a MONTH. Since the wife and kids have been out of school (the wife is a teacher's aide) my son has been playing with his Legos a lot and wanted to build something "Big" by his very specific measurements. So I called a Lego resale shop in St Louis that sells bulk Legos and bought 20 pounds of Legos! We spent the better part of the last 2 days building a castle that I don't yet have a photo of. This was the loot right after unboxing.
FB_IMG_1584721374044.jpg

FB_IMG_1584721378937.jpg

FB_IMG_1584721390820.jpg
FB_IMG_1584721386022.jpg

Sheltering checklist:
Install new firewall appliance
Install new wireless system
Re-organize garage
Disassemble ceiling fan to find that damn clicking noise - fix noise.

Last edited:
When you wake up at 4:00 AM everyday and have nothing to do, is 11:00 AM too early for a beer?

Asking for a friend...

Been home bound for 3 weeks now with Wife & 12 & 13 yr old Grandsons (Actually Adopted Sons) and except for some minor breakdowns with the boys, all is well.

I thank God, we live on the Lake and have plenty of move around space and can go Fishing when I want.

We order our groceries from Wal Mart and they load them in the trunk of the car. so we don't even get out of the car.

God Bless Everyone and hope all ends great.

My son has kinda taken over my poker room with Legos since the apocalypse hit. He's been sitting in there looking at my chips and table. So my son decided that he wanted to make a poker table just like dad's with Legos. He has a "card shark" and you have to have some star wars guys, captain America, Batman, Ironman, and a cool guy with sunglasses. I told him I'd share it with you guys so enjoy lol.

20200414_194015.jpg

20200414_194034.jpg

20200414_194046.jpg

20200414_194102.jpg

20200414_194120.jpg

My son has kinda taken over my poker room with Legos since the apocalypse hit. He's been sitting in there looking at my chips and table. So my son decided that he wanted to make a poker table just like dad's with Legos. He has a "card shark" and you have to have some star wars guys, captain America, Batman, Ironman, and a cool guy with sunglasses. I told him I'd share it with you guys so enjoy lol.

View attachment 440545
View attachment 440546
View attachment 440547
View attachment 440548
View attachment 440549
This is amazing

:D Was going to say “why cause all he’s got in front of him at the end of the night is a drink?”
I think the family has been cooped up for too long. I at least leave the house every day for work they're here 24/7. He keeps coming in asking "what does everyone think about it?"

View attachment 440545
View attachment 440546
View attachment 440547
View attachment 440548
View attachment 440549

This is AWESOME! Truly epic!

1586923250471.jpeg

I’m driving between NC and NH every two weeks. I severely underestimated how much this drive would take out of me - I’ve done it before 3 times, but over 4 years. I’ve come to dread it. It’s just interminable and miserable.

Other than that, getting some home projects done when I’m back in NC, fixed one of our cars, trying to cook some new things off food my wife gets delivered the local grocer, and working way more than I should from home. It’s hard to turn off at night. Doing this for months is going to be hard but looking like it’s increasingly necessary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom