Seller’s Remorse: Chips you regret selling (1 Viewer)

That’s a pretty easy one to answer:
AB7296BE-0904-4106-B746-F84FFE8762A9.jpeg

Here’s one: Some weird metallic golds with strange pitting on some of the edges. They were flawed, but totally unique. Felt like ... money. I wish I’d kept them for use as bounty/all in chips:

[ pictured: AMAZING metallic gold starbursts ]

I wish you'd kept them too, so that you could have sold them to me!

One bit of insight I have gained from looking at all these fantastic set that we regret selling is that when one chipper lets go of a set that is worthy of regret, another chipper is gaining a set worth cherishing, it is yin and yang, balance of the universe. Although I wish I had the chipping budget to upset the balance of the universe.

2020-08-08 (2).png

Mjnt legit 98 CDI fracs... I was too deep into the sickness and had to sell sell sell, but I shouldn't have let these go.View attachment 504718

Fantastic reminder to never let mine go. They go nowhere! Still very sad that there weren’t MOAR in the chip family but makes me feel better knowing there’s enough for both of us.

I had a great PCR set at CT that I miss alot. Always wanted an avalon set, but it was the next best thing at the time. I sold it because I could only find a rack of each blacks, and doing two chip spots to play was pissing me off.... Oh hindsight...

Jack solids set I miss, but the Mirage project will cover that.

I miss my AR set, but I know it went to a great home....

I miss my Tonk set, but Cactus Pete's > Tonks...

I was looking at some old photos of past chip sales, and came across some which made me say, “What was I thinking, letting those go?”

Here’s one: Some weird metallic golds with strange pitting on some of the edges. They were flawed, but totally unique. Felt like ... money. I wish I’d kept them for use as bounty/all in chips:

View attachment 504613View attachment 504614View attachment 504615View attachment 504616
I have two barrels of those in roulettes B for Bounties. Have the exact same weird edges.

AHHHH!!!!

In good faith as a veteran chipper from the blue board days. DO NOT SELL THE AZTAR TOURNEYS!!! all the other chips come up here and there. In the past 13 years I’ve been chipping I’ve been trying to get these and they have only come up twice. Both times I was dead broke. DONT DO IT.

In good faith as a veteran chipper from the blue board days. DO NOT SELL THE AZTAR TOURNEYS!!! all the other chips come up here and there. In the past 13 years I’ve been chipping I’ve been trying to get these and they have only come up twice. Both times I was dead broke. DONT DO IT.
@Rbonus012, don't fall for @joeyshin's tactics, my guess is he's partially just saying that to keep himself from buying your Aztars, because he knows he wants them.

@Rbonus012, don't fall for @joeyshin's tactics, my guess is he's partially just saying that to keep himself from buying your Aztars, because he knows he wants them.

That’s very true. But what Confucius says about chipping: “A chipper’s mind is put at ease when it knows where his desire resides”

the hardest part about chipping is knowing what you want but not where to get it.

But what Confucius says about chipping: “A chipper’s mind is put at ease when it knows where his desire resides”

No he didn't. He said, "Grab desire by the balls and BUY THAT SHIT! Regret is for pussies!" It's from the 3rd appendix of the "Classic of Filial Piety" (unabridged).

My BCC Grand Cardroom Tournament chips. Was one of only two people to opt for the charcoal 100’s...Sold them for friggin peanuts, too. :(
Dang. Was that solids or spotted? I think I may have charcoal grey Hundos too but my set was solids. Also had a few TRK colors, fire and something else.

Not sure how up to date you are with card collecting but I was really big into it and still am for the most part. The cards are drop dead gorgeous man. You are right, as I don’t think they would last multiple games in use.
1597346449614.jpeg

1597346515588.jpeg

Off-topic... Have you played with those JAQK cards? They look very nice, but I’m loathe to splurge on paper cards. I’d expect them to last maybe two orbits before developing nicks/turned corners.
1597346707365.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom