Secondaries for a custom "solid" cash set (1 Viewer)

We have a set of "Zombie Hall of Fame" chips. Each year we do an add-on with the inductees' image on one side of the chip, in the same pose as the original zombie artwork. People love it. Same chip otherwise, but different inlay.

I vote for taking your wife on another vacation, new sunset images of an obviously different location.

PS: Do not tell her the purpose of the trip is for an add-on.

We have a set of "Zombie Hall of Fame" chips. Each year we do an add-on with the inductees' image on one side of the chip, in the same pose as the original zombie artwork. People love it. Same chip otherwise, but different inlay.

I vote for taking your wife on another vacation, new sunset images of an obviously different location.

PS: Do not tell her the purpose of the trip is for an add-on.
you have a photo?

you have a photo?
IMG_0358.JPG

2016-02-25 09.15.18.jpg

2016-02-25 07.20.41.jpg

I have had the same urge with a set of solids to add on/shake things up, but just couldn't make the leap to put spots right in the middle of a set of solids,it just ain't right.

Options as I see them? Keep same colour and different inlay, add on a new denomination, add on a butt-load of chips for a limit set or keep the $$ in reserve for the next set. There's always a next set.

FWIW, I'm personally between keeping the money for the next set (if the chip room sale materialises, I'll be hard pushed not to splurge on a huge limit set) and adding on a large number of non-dominated solid DG Pink chips for use in limit games.

Not really a fan of adding spots or new color/secondary to a solid set (with exception of bounty chips or highest denom). If desire is for more $1's I'd just add on - most change I'd go for is a commem inlay on same color solid. My 2c.

I ordered another rack of 25's. I had cpc remove the text "Braydon 2015". When they get here I'll mix them altogether.

I'm definitely adding onto the sunsets. I still haven't decided what I will do. If I add spots to the add on's I'm leaning towards something like this and making it a subtle change.

I agree with the sentiments that I need to add secondary chips to all denoms. I can't find an edge spot for the 25's that I'm happy with. I might just stick with the quarters, ones, and fives.

(PNG Image, 1894 × 838 pixels) - Scaled (67%).png

I'm definitely adding onto the sunsets. I still haven't decided what I will do. If I add spots to the add on's I'm leaning towards something like this and making it a subtle change.

I agree with the sentiments that I need to add secondary chips to all denoms. I can't find an edge spot for the 25's that I'm happy with. I might just stick with the quarters, ones, and fives.

View attachment 130596
If you're thinking about changing up the sunsets for a secondary set, I would at least give some consideration to a half-pie, alla @Ronoh 's P&P .

If you're thinking about changing up the sunsets for a secondary set, I would at least give some consideration to a half-pie, alla @Ronoh 's P&P .

Not changing, I would be adding the secondaries into the current set.

I would be mixing the salads with whatever secondary chips I choose to go to. For what it's worth I've already been texting Fink this morning for probably the last half-hour

Considering that your set is solids, I think you really only have a few options that make sense (and would look decent), depending on how you plan on using the secondary chips.

If you plan on mixing them with the current $1 chips, then I think you are sorta locked into the same color, but not necessarily the same inlay. Adding a spot would work for most sets, but I don't think it works with solids at all..... the only exception being the 1/2-pie (which I like a lot). It's sorta like two solids in one. In fact, going with a 1/2-pie makes it much easier to create a third chip using just the other color as a solid..... but only if you plan on mixing them all.

If your plan is to totally replace the existing $1s, then a few more options open up -- completely different color and/or inlay, etc. But I'd never add spots to just one chip in the middle of the lineup.
I'm agreeing with Dave, here. If you're going to use them together, you have to use the same base color. Not doing so would be really tough in play. I do think that a simple spot on the same base is ok in that case. Whatever you do, I feel your pain. I replaced 1000 $1 chips with a new 1000 secondary $1 chips. Mine had spots, so it was easier to work it out where they can be played together if needed.

I'm agreeing with Dave, here. If you're going to use them together, you have to use the same base color. Not doing so would be really tough in play. I do think that a simple spot on the same base is ok in that case. Whatever you do, I feel your pain. I replaced 1000 $1 chips with a new 1000 secondary $1 chips. Mine had spots, so it was easier to work it out where they can be played together if needed.

The base color isn't changing ( other than any slight color variation because of doing an add-on). I'm only looking at adding and spots to the original base color that kind of blend in hence my recent mock-up that I posted

Sounds like a good call to make addons to all the denoms, if you want to add spots, and not only the 1$s. I think I would still just change the inlay design if I was adding on to a solid set though. Or how about adding on a few half-pies or quarter-pies to all the denoms?

I'm revisiting an add on to the Sunsets. I will need it to spread two full tables just incase I do a Meet Up next year.

When I do the add on the base colors will be off somewhat due to the color changes in the dye. When I added on to my 25's they were a different shade of green.

I'm thinking. If their going to be a different shade anyways, maybe I'll add a level one spot into the mix. If I do this. I'll order 100 extra of each denom so that all the chips will have secondaries (or whatever we want to call them lol).

If I don't go the edge spot route. Then maybe I will add Devon JR 2014 to the label on the ones. 04-27-1989 to the label on the fives.

I'm revisiting an add on to the Sunsets. I will need it to spread two full tables just incase I do a Meet Up next year.

When I do the add on the base colors will be off somewhat due to the color changes in the dye. When I added on to my 25's they were a different shade of green.

I'm thinking. If their going to be a different shade anyways, maybe I'll add a level one spot into the mix. If I do this. I'll order 100 extra of each denom so that all the chips will have secondaries (or whatever we want to call them lol).

If I don't go the edge spot route. Then maybe I will add Devon JR 2014 to the label on the ones. 04-27-1989 to the label on the fives.
Ain't it great to find justification for moar chips!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom