SOLD Santa Ysabel $100s lot with Free Barrel HSI $1s (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the future, just avoid stating the condition and let the pictures do the talking. Thank me later. One man's opinion. Nice looking chips btw and good luck!
Facts. I'm a terrible judge of condition and I got myself into "trouble" early on by giving my best guess as to condition instead of just saying look at pics for condition. And by "trouble", I mean something less than mustard roulettegate, but something more than this thread :). GLWS and personally I'd say these chips look pretty minty.

I agree, mint chips are chips that have never been used and have received no damage as a result or shipping or storage. If they have see. Some limited play but it is difficult to tell the difference between a mint chip I would call them minty or near mint.

This is a problem, people paying hundreds of dollars when they're misled by sellers on the site.
I won't apologized for pointing it out, the seller was a victim himself.
Please man, I’m a new chipper with sellable chips and, I feel, some of the best and most accurate photos on PCF classifieds. I don’t know why you can’t just leave me alone. What more do you want from me?

My casual viewing of the afternoon classifieds two cents...

I can't say for sure who these came from... I can guess though. Most likely where these came from as well? Yes these were sold to me as "mint".
20230418_165209.jpg

Are they mint? Nah. Sharpish? Flat? Yes. Are they far enough from mint for me to raise hell at the seller? Again, nah. Part of that definitely comes from the fact that these are going in play. They'll be splashed and thrown and shuffled and splashed again. So, it was my choice to shoulder shrug it when they arrived.

The more true issue, as some have pointed out is (well two really)...

1: A seller selling a product as one condition, when it really isn't.

2: Someone buying it, who doesn't know the difference, or enough of a difference to call them anything else.

As someone who has been through years of store bought vs. grey market watch sales - some sellers use some terms a lot more loosely than others. "Brand new in box" should be fairly self explanatory, but the amount of "dealers" that would sell pieces to newer collectors with minor scratches and dings (because thus been wearing them for a month) was higher than it had any right to be. The buyer's? That hadn't held enough truly new things in their hands to know any different.

On gear has been a stand up dude, I don't think anyone around here questions that. He wrote they were what a seller told him they were. That's it. His pictures are there, and a buyer and properly judge the condition for themselves.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: people just need to learn to take better photos of the chips they're selling.

When the photos are clear and taken from the appropriate angles, words and descriptions of condition should essentially become a moot point. For what it's worth, OP's photos are spot on (and lots of people could actually learn a lot from them).

You can't tell in photos the difference between a mint-from-factory chip and a chip that's been played on a poker table for 50 hours.
Wait, what? Isn't that exactly the point of this whole thing?
The picture was good, the description was a bit off. And though I care a lot about accuracy, I don't personally care if chips have a few hours on them because I plan on playing with them!

They look pretty f*ckn mint to me, in fact I have bought less minty chips sold as mint - I don’t think the seller is outta line at all but I guess some people have extremely high standards

@OneGearManySpeeds , love the new thread title :) Slightly used, add near mint, would be a proper description. The picture you took holding barrel between fingers is excellent and shows a few edges that are clearly not mint. Not a bid deal to point it out. They are great chips and deserve a good home. Your rep is not tarnished :) GLWS , chips weigh 9.73g so a good weight

@OneGearManySpeeds , love the new thread title :) Slightly used, add near mint, would be a proper description. The picture you took holding barrel between fingers is excellent and shows a few edges that are clearly not mint. Not a bid deal to point it out. They are great chips and deserve a good home. Your rep is not tarnished :) GLWS , chips weigh 9.73g so a good weight
Thanks man, that means a lot. And yes as some ppl may photograph the best side of the barrel I try and photograph the worst side.

This is a problem, people paying hundreds of dollars when they're misled by sellers on the site.
I won't apologized for pointing it out, the seller was a victim himself.
I don't make the rules around here. I just think they should be applied consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom