SOLD Sam's Town $1 - x155 total chips - Crispy as you can get! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only asked because @LeGold is the type of member that looks out for others and he's helped more than a handful of members get what they need by putting their interests first, so he's an asset to the community.

PM makes sense, but I had been under the impression that PMs for sales ads were not OK? https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/pcf-classifieds-guidelines.928/

Sounds like maybe the timing was just the problem - just looking out for @LeGold
Only reason why posting in thread first is prefered...is because this keeps things fair...hard to check PM's time stamps public, no problem with public posts...first is first

I think thread dibs first, then pm is the better system. It is clear for everyone who got it, so the seller does not get bombarded by 20 pms.
Furthermore it is more transparent, since a late pm'er cannot snag the deal by outbidding the threaddibser by $50 and or something stupid like that.

@LeGold should get it, easy as that.

Just my 2 cents.

This thread is yet another example of how the selling process needs both modification and clarification. Too much confusion around who’s first and by which means whether public or PM. Rather than saying it’s ridiculous, perhaps a mod can actually shed light on the situation by offering to implement a solution that works for all in the guidelines.

Yeah, seems it was an honest mistake with timings.

not sure I understand
Meaning Dibs don’t mean shit. You can list something for sale. One guy can PM saying he’ll take them. Another guy can post dibs saying he’ll take them. I could call you on the phone an hour later saying I’ll take them and you’re free to sell to me. It might make you an unpopular seller, but you’re free to sell to whomever you want.

This thread is yet another example of how the selling process needs both modification and clarification. Too much confusion around who’s first and by which means whether public or PM. Rather than saying it’s ridiculous, perhaps a mod can actually shed light on the situation by offering to implement a solution that works for all in the guidelines.
Not necessary. Please read the site rules and classified guidelines. We do not get involved in private sales. It is the seller right to sell how and to whom he wants.

Meaning Dibs don’t mean shit. You can list something for sale. One guy can PM saying he’ll take them. Another guy can post dibs saying he’ll take them. I could call you on the phone an hour later saying I’ll take them and you’re free to sell to me. It might make you an unpopular seller, but you’re free to sell to whomever you want.

Ohhhhhh. My bad, product of sleeping very late.

Not necessary. Please read the site rules and classified guidelines. We do not get involved in private sales. It is the seller right to sell how and to whom he wants.

Totally get it. Agreed, no involvement is the right way. Just trying to help since this timing stuff keeps happening over and over. Wish there was a BUY NOW button or something like it that basically locks you into a sale until you’ve decided how you’d like to pay the seller.

Well, good news is that this was easy to sort out. The challenge in this process, tho, is that people like @Rbonus012 PM’ed the seller saying that “not honoring dibs” will get him banned, and he would be reported. Which is silly. And, for a member who doesn’t log on much, can be seen as gospel.

Anyway — all this is moot, Matija knows me well enough to know that if they were his to begin with, he’d have them. :) Which is what happened.

In most cases where there are problems it is just because the seller is not aware of the dibs system and its quirks.
A sticky guide to the dibs system, which we all assume to be the default could clear things up for unfrequent or new sellers or provide the surprised seller something to follow when there is outrage about who gets the chips.

It could also provide clarity to what comes first. The pm or the thread dibs.

I've seen exactly this situation several times in the last weeks, where the seller did not expect this kind of interest in his chips, was unclear about the dibs system and was overwhelmed and not sure how to solve it now that everybody was shouting at each other.

It's still optional to the seller, but if he wants to refer to it when there is trouble, he can.

Untrue but you do you.
Well, good news is that this was easy to sort out. The challenge in this process, tho, is that people like @Rbonus012 PM’ed the seller saying that “not honoring dibs” will get him banned, and he would be reported. Which is silly. And, for a member who doesn’t log on much, can be seen as gospel.

Anyway — all this is moot, Matija knows me well enough to know that if they were his to begin with, he’d have them. :) Which is what happened.

In most cases where there are problems it is just because the seller is not aware of the dibs system and its quirks.
A sticky guide to the dibs system, which we all assume to be the default could clear things up for unfrequent or new sellers or provide the surprised seller something to follow when there is outrage about who gets the chips.

I've seen exactly this situation several times in the last weeks, where the seller did not expect this kind of interest in his chips, was unclear about the dibs system and was overwhelmed and not sure how to solve it now that everybody was shouting at each other.

It's still optional to the seller, but if he wants to refer to it when there is trouble, he can.
Realistically there is no dibs system

Yes but realistically the only dibs system is the one the seller or the buyer follows. There is not written rule and again as stated time and time again. A seller can sell to whom he wants at anytime
This is what it comes down to for me. No offense taken on my end if I lose out on something, but a seller can sell to whomever they want at the end of the day.

Nope, David is very clear (and correct)...no moderation on sales (nor responsibility) and no formal rules.
Seller can sell to whoever he pleases...no cool but it is what it is.

The part were people have been put on temp bans is for making a bid and then retracting a bid in an auction. I cannot recall anyone being banned for not honoring dibs since there is no site rule for or against dibs!

Dibs is dumb. Nobody needs proof, if he says he got a pm first, he got a pm first.
Agreed...not selling anything in future based on first dibs....

After 3 - 5 days there are 3 options: no buyer (back in the vault), 1 buyer (it's yours), multiple buyers (names in the hat or I deal a game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom