Tourney Ruling question: dead SB inadvertantly skipped (1 Viewer)

Who is the "floor" in a self dealt
Host/homeowner

I would say he has the least TD experience of all of our rotating hosts. I think we get a different ruling at a different house, but the decision was his to make and right or wrong, we lived with it.

In the grand scheme of things, it was inconsequential, but like I said, we still like to get it right...

Note to everyone in this thread: I had a deja vu feeling, went back in the search, and sure enough, we had this discussion 2 years ago ;).

(And we came to the same conclusion, yay consistency!)

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/how-would-you-rule-it.35

Remind me never to borrow money from you.

would say he has the least TD experience of all of our rotating hosts. I think we get a different ruling at a different house, but the decision was his to make and right or wrong, we lived with it.

Ah, well that's fair. For better or worst, the best policy is to let the host be the host unless he asks for advice. Even if it means the occasional bad ruling. Bad rulings happen with professional floorpersons too.

Remind me never to borrow money from you.

Actually, my memory isn't nearly as good when it comes to finance :p.

I said I wanted @SuckoutKing to post the BB because he didn't have many chips and I wanted him whittled down and eliminated

Aha...sorry, I misunderstood! I thought player E said he wanted to have B and C post the blinds again for hand 3, but you're saying he/you wanted to have B post the sole blind (BB)? I.e. what everyone else here thought?
I read too much into:
he wants Player B and Player C (both below average stack) to pay the oppressive blinds

Actually, my memory isn't nearly as good when it comes to finance :p.
Speaking of which, can you please return the $20 I lent you?

Aha...sorry, I misunderstood! I thought player E said he wanted to have B and C post the blinds again for hand 3
I didn't want a ruling that allowed B and C to miss blinds.

My suggestion to the floor did not include the @Rhodeman77/@ChaosRock /@BGinGA solution. In lobbied for a dead button with Player B paying the SB and Player C posting the BB... Obviously, that solution would've allowed Player B to skip the BB, so it was not the greatest option.

In fact, I think if someone would've suggested the "Go back to Hand 2, then proceed to Hand 4" correction, the floor and the players would've agreed that it was the best option.

Last edited:
Yeah I understand, at least now.

It seems as if everyone here agrees that swapping hand 2 and 3 is the best choice, but I can also see how one might rule as the TD did and just move things along (although I wouldn't).

It is agreed that the action in Hand 2 can't be un-done
According to Robert's Rules, the hand stands as played:
MISDEALS
1. Once action begins, a misdeal cannot be called. The deal will be played, and no money will be returned to any player whose hand is fouled. In button games, action is considered to occur when two players after the blinds have acted on their hands. In stud games, action is considered to occur when two players after the forced bet have acted on their hands

I think you would proceed at this point, as close as possible to where the deal should be. You can not go back and make a correction after the fact

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom