Tourney RSVP software for tournaments (1 Viewer)

CO0LHand

Pair
Reaction score
So I am hosting the inaugural game of my 2015 poker season in a couple weeks and I want to know if anyone uses an RSVP program that tracks when people RSVP. I only have seats for the first 10 people who reply and I want to track that if it's possible. Ideally I suppose I put their emails in a list and can resend the RSVP without having to re-enter their emails every time or making them fill in their names when they reply they are coming.

Right now I use doodle.com to see what day of the week works best for the largest number of people but I need to figure out something that lets me see who is for sure coming.

Any ideas?

It's non-poker specific but evites.com should be able to do what (I think) you are asking it to do (tracking who is coming, setting a limited number of attendees, etc.). I'm going to give this a try for my 2015 poker nights too...emails can be a PITA to track with all the maybes, probably's, 95% in's, etc.

Hmmm...we use TeamSnap for our sports leagues, and it works pretty good. The only downside is that it isn't free. I'm thinking of using it for our poker league.

So I am hosting the inaugural game of my 2015 poker season in a couple weeks and I want to know if anyone uses an RSVP program that tracks when people RSVP. I only have seats for the first 10 people who reply and I want to track that if it's possible. Ideally I suppose I put their emails in a list and can resend the RSVP without having to re-enter their emails every time or making them fill in their names when they reply they are coming.

Right now I use doodle.com to see what day of the week works best for the largest number of people but I need to figure out something that lets me see who is for sure coming.

Any ideas?

2 suggestions:

1 - IMHO, you'll keep your hosting sanity by establishing some regular time frames to host your game (i.e. saturday/sunday afternoons, thursday-friday night, etc.), preferably based on your best schedule. The doodle idea is ok for getting this initial time frame setup, but nothing sucks the life out of hosting like trying to cater to everyone's schedule. I understand it can be tough to get a new game started with limited players and you're trying to be nice and accommodating, but the in long run it WILL drive you bat shit crazy.

B - Evite or Anyvite should work well for what you're describing. I know other hosts that use Facebook or Google calendar as well. I personally use Anyvite, which doesn't require all your users to register, you can specify a cap on the number of attendees, and remove the option for "maybe" responses.

Which brings me to...

...emails can be a PITA to track with all the maybes, probably's, 95% in's, etc.

Good lordy I hate the "95% in's". I don't count them in my headcount until it's "yes", lol.

I am working on setting up a time frame that works by using doodle.com the first few games and just putting the game on the day when most people are available. I only put dates into it when I am available because I travel kind of randomly though the year and I am the only person who can host games right now. This works pretty well for both me and the largest number of players.

Anyvite looks pretty good, especially because it does not allow the "maybe" answer.

THanks!

Hosts in our local group we use anyvite, which works extremely well. It can be set to allow or not allow maybes (most don't allow). The downside of maybes is that they count as yes responses when calculating the number of available seats. Although it doesn't track the order of responses, it does not accept any more reservations after the cap has been reached. It also shows the host who has seen the invitation, and when.

I would like to try anyvite.
right now I am just sending out a mass email to 120-130 people on my mailing list. It gets a little hectic remembering to add people to my microsoft notepad attendee list.
Going to be a PITA transferring all the contact into anyvite I bet haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom