Rounders was added to Netflix today (1 Viewer)

Watched it first chance I. Got. Forgot how good it was. Accurate in so many ways. Even the different chips in the different games matched what you would expect to see.

I had to pull out the closest rounders chips I had. Donkey kgb tributes. Would love to see other rounders chip sets posted here.

20190223_162209.jpg

Because I love the movie so much, and Poker in general, I named my newly formed group of players "Rounders Poker Group"...

Had @T_Chan help me infuse the group name into my brand new table which, conincidentally, ran her maiden voyage a couple nights ago:tup:
IMG_20191102_142635.jpg

I also have a rounders set...they are only Stock Designs but I love them.
IMG_20190912_092331.jpg
IMG_20190805_144039.jpg
IMG_20190815_195025.jpg

Because I love the movie so much, and Poker in general, I named my newly formed group of players "Rounders Poker Group"...

Had @T_Chan help me infuse the group name into my brand new table which, conincidentally, ran her maiden voyage a couple nights ago:tup:View attachment 361665

I also have a rounders set...they are only Stock Designs but I love them.
View attachment 362000View attachment 362003View attachment 362004
That table with the Jack tourney chips..... Your players are spoiled! Well done.

Awesome, awesome set up there ! The table, the chips, the Rounders name, just perfect !
You should be very proud !
Well done my friend !!

That table with the Jack tourney chips..... Your players are spoiled! Well done.
Awesome, awesome set up there ! The table, the chips, the Rounders name, just perfect !
You should be very proud !
Well done my friend !!
Thanks so much for the compliments guys! Very encouraging and I LOVE hosting and spoiling my guests. There is a ton of satisfaction in running poker games. I must admit.

The table and chips just 'supercharge' the whole thing.

@sheikh617 , as a somewhat new-ish chipper...since I'm not that new now...I am spoiling not only my guests but myself also.

I've gone "0-60" in about 3 seconds here with what I've purchased...(you know all about the speed sir...I've seen your wares...AND FURNITURE....Wow!!!!:wow::nailbite:) and have gone and spoiled myself as well. All these Paulsons and CPCs are ruining me as well. Hahaha:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks so much for the compliments guys! Very encouraging and I LOVE hosting and spoiling my guests. There is a ton of satisfaction in running poker games. I must admit.

@sheikh617 , as a somewhat new-ish chipper...since I'm not that new now...I am spoiling not only my guests but myself also.

I've gone "0-60" in about 3 seconds here with what I've purchased...(you know all about the speed sir...I've seen your wares...AND FURNITURE....Wow!!!!:wow::nailbite:) and have gone and spoiled myself as well. All these Paulsons and CPCs are ruining me as well. Hahaha:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I went pretty crazy myself. It actually all started with my custom table, for which I wanted to make sure I was using chips that could stand up to the craftsmanship. I then found this forum and it was all downhill from there lol.

The guy's a cheat. He always has been. Right now, he's over at Chesterfield's, ruining your reputation with every lousy second he deals.

Shit. I told him. Did anybody else see him?

Nobody saw... I heard it. Snapping sound gave it away. If I didn't know him, I might not have noticed. I turn around, and I see him with the mechanic's grip, I know.

Did you give him the office?

I tried to warn him, but he looked right through me.

All right, I'll go get him.

No, no, no. He's okay now. Most of those Georges are at the tail end of a 36 hour session. They can't see straight. Come on, I'll buy you a cup of coffee. But if he's still there when Roman and Maurice start their game, he's gonna wish he was still inside.

The guy's a cheat. He always has been. Right now, he's over at Chesterfield's, ruining your reputation with every lousy second he deals.

Shit. I told him. Did anybody else see him?

Nobody saw... I heard it. Snapping sound gave it away. If I didn't know him, I might not have noticed. I turn around, and I see him with the mechanic's grip, I know.

Did you give him the office?

I tried to warn him, but he looked right through me.

All right, I'll go get him.

No, no, no. He's okay now. Most of those Georges are at the tail end of a 36 hour session. They can't see straight. Come on, I'll buy you a cup of coffee. But if he's still there when Roman and Maurice start their game, he's gonna wish he was still inside.
The cheating discussion made me think of this scene. Didn't think it was appropriate to post over there, so here it is. :D

Wow...pokerroom.com? Wow, that's amazing. I completely forgot about that site

I spent a couple years cleaning up $10 limit sit and gos on that site. The limit games always had at least one No Limit player who joined in error and would donk off their stack intentionally. It was free EV every game. I won several thousand playing recreationally before they shut down. Paid for my honeymoon though :)

The cheating discussion made me think of this scene. Didn't think it was appropriate to post over there, so here it is. :D
Worm really has become an artist, too. Discard culls, pickup culls, overhand run ups, the Double Duke... His technique is flawless. But his judgment is a little off. A few times, I have to fold the case on him, just so it won't be obvious. Still, he plays the part of the loser to perfection.

Worm really has become an artist, too. Discard culls, pickup culls, overhand run ups, the Double Duke... His technique is flawless. But his judgment is a little off. A few times, I have to fold the case on him, just so it won't be obvious. Still, he plays the part of the loser to perfection.
I love that scene so much.

“Enjoy it, you secret handshaking assholes.” :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

You and I seem very much alike. haha I love spoiling the guys (and gals) when they come to mine for poker. Good thing I win a bit or else this would have the potential to be a ridiculously expensive hobby. Right now we just run a topper for the table, Yin Yangs for the chips and Copags for the cards, but add in the fact I always make a drink of the night it's quite the upgrade over a dining table and dice chips.

I'll reach out next time I'm in the city, it's quite the "Mission" to get over to you, but I have a feeling it'll be worth it. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom