RIP Curly Neal (1 Viewer)

legend672

Full House
Reaction score
Former Harlem Globetrotter great passed away at age 77 today. He was one of the best and most entertaining dribblers to ever play. When I was about 12 my dad took me and my brother to see them before a celtics game and he was on fire. He made 4 swishes in a row from half court. Meadowlark Lemon was also hot that night throwing hook shots in from 35 feet. It was one of the best nights I ever had. RIP.

The '70/80s Globetrotters were the best. I realize they have several touring groups now but really they don't have any personality now. A couple players got on Amazing race but other than that do they really spend any effort in marketing their players anymore? I took my son 2-3 times when he was younger and it's good but it pales in comparison to the glory years.

In the 70s/80s they were everywhere and you got to know the players. They were on Scooby Doo a bunch of times and even remember them being on Gilligan's Island.

I have a guy (Tyler Warren) that is part of my home game that played for the New York Nationals for a year or two. He has some cool stories.

I have a guy (Tyler Warren) that is part of my home game that played for the New York Nationals for a year or two. He has some cool stories.

tenor (1).gif

Saw him front row at The Spectrum in the 70s. Had to duck a bucket of confetti. Loved his dribbling gags.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom