Memorial Fund for Salvatore Apodaca-Old West Poker Supplies (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potsie1

Full House
Site Vendor
Supporter
Reaction score
FUNDRAISER ENDS MARCH 5TH

As most of you know Sal passed away on February 13th. Over the years many of us developed personal relationships with him and found him to be the most kind hearted and patient man anyone could ever hope to deal with. His incredible artistic talent found its way into many of our personal collections.

According to facebook Sal's mother passed away at an early age and Sal was very instrumental in taking care of his sister Amanda. Over the years they became best friends. Here is a message that Amanda posted on Sals facebook page:
"I love you so much. You were the best big brother on this earth! I have no idea where I would be if you weren’t to take over after mom passed. It’s okay, I love you, we’re okay. Don’t be in pain anymore, go be with mom. Your my brother I love you. "

As a community we have come together to help the families of our members in their most trying times. Please join me in rasing money to help pay for the memorial and other expenses that fell squarely on the shoulder of his sister.

Remember any amount is appreciated. There are two ways to donate. You can visit the gofundme page here
https://www.gofundme.com/salvatoreapodaca

or send funds to my paypal via friends and family. jlucatorta@yahoo.com Please put your user ID in the message as I would like to log the donations below. I will keep donations active for 2 weeks. I will update donations nightly as I wont home or available during days.

Total donated $1415 3pm 03/06/18

1. @Psypher1000 $50 paypal message: vaya con dios, senor. RIP.
2. @Potsie1 $100
3. @grantc54 $50 thank you
4. @allforcharity $30 paypal message: condolences to Sal's family.
5. @v1pe $50 paypal message: for Sal. RIP.
6. @T_Chan $100 paypal message: sincerest condolences.
7. @Tommy $50 thank you.
8. @pltrgyst $50 paypal message: Sal will be very much missed.
9. @detroitdad $25 thank you
10. @AceFour $50 gofundme message: Going to miss you Sal.
11. Peter Caldarelli $50 paypal message: you were a treasured member of the pcf community who will be dearly missed. RIP Sal.
12. @p5woody $25 paypal message: Sal will be missed
13. @ovo $40 paypal message: Sal, your artistry will be remembered forever.
14. @toad94 $50 paypal message: For Sal. Thank you.
15. @pedrofisk $50 gofundme message: my heartfelt sympathies to the whole family.
16. @gmunny $50 gofundme message: RIP Sal. My condolences to his family.
17. @TheBigTater $50 paypal message: For Sal's family in his memory. RIP my friend.
18. Chris Merrill $100 gofundme
19. @AK Chip $230 Thank you!
20. @CdnBeerLover $20 paypal message: For Sal RIP.
21. Mark Kraft $35 paypal message: you will be missed by many Sal. RIP.
22. @PAZ $100 paypal message: Thoughts and prayers to Sal's family at this difficult time. Try to find comfort in knowing his amazing contributions to the industry will live on forever. He will be missed and fondly remembered.
23. @FDLmold $73 paypal auction thank you!

Last edited:
Half way to the goal in less than 24 hours. Youre all incredible. I'll still leave this open for 2 weeks. I also have a couple items I want to post for this after I get back home.

I would like to auction a small set of Diamond mold chips to help Sal's family But I would need someone to run it for me. If anyone is willing please PM me.

Thanks
Pat

Does anybody have an extra pcf promo chip or dealer button? At the point i meet up with Amanda and Michael I would like to present a token for her to remember this group by. I dont have one.

Does anybody have an extra pcf promo chip or dealer button? At the point i meet up with Amanda and Michael I would like to present a token for her to remember this group by. I dont have one.
I have an extra black PCF 5 year, happy to donate.

Still quite a blow every time I think of Sal. :(

Once again thank you @Potsie1 for handling these donations and passing them as well all of our thoughts to the family.
Ill do a write up and post some pics after the memorial on Sunday. I have already met with Mike(older brother) and delivered the money. We had a very good talk and they're blown away by this group.

Salvatore Apodaca Memorial 3/11/18

I was proud to represent the PCF community today. The appreciation shown by his family was immense. On at least 4 occasions I was pulled aside by close family and friends and told how much our help and money had made a difference. In addittion meeting the rest of his family was an absolute pleasure.
It was great watching Sals family laugh and joke about good times and good memories they had.

Thanks again to everyone in this incredible community.

Special thanks to:
@Psypher1000, @grantc54, @allforcharity, @v1pe, @T_Chan, @Tommy, @pltrgyst, @detroitdad, @AceFour, @Pete, @p5woody, @ovo, @toad94, @pedrofisk, @gmunny, @TheBigTater, @AK Chip, @CdnBeerLover, @krafticus, @PAZ , @FDLmold, @David O

I met Mike and his girlfriend Shannon at starbucks a week ago to deliver the money. Mike is holding Sals special plaque.
20180304_105132.jpg

This is Mike and Amanda next to the urn with Sals ashes.
21034.jpeg

Sals urn and fedora
20180311_142126.jpg

Here are some close ups of sals pictures which include his prom and little league.
20180311_142148.jpg
20180311_142146.jpg
20180311_142118.jpg
20180311_142115.jpg

Last edited:
Salvatore Apodaca Memorial 3/11/18

I was proud to represent the PCF community today. The appreciation shown by his family was immense. On at least 4 occasions I was pulled aside by close family and friends and told how much our help and money had made a difference. In addittion meeting the rest of his family was an absolute pleasure.
It was great watching Sals family laugh and joke about good times and good memories they had.

Thanks again to everyone in this incredible community.

Special thanks to:
@Psypher1000, @grantc54, @allforcharity, @v1pe, @T_Chan, @Tommy, @pltrgyst, @detroitdad, @AceFour, @Pete, @p5woody, @ovo, @toad94, @pedrofisk, @gmunny, @TheBigTater, @AK Chip, @CdnBeerLover, @krafticus, @PAZ , @FDLmold

I met Mike and his girlfriend Shannon at starbucks a week ago to deliver the money. Mike is holding Sals special plaque.
View attachment 160018

This is Mike and Amanda next to the urn with Sals ashes.
View attachment 160019

Sals urn and fedora
View attachment 160030

Here are some close ups of sals pictures which include his prom and little league.
View attachment 160020 View attachment 160021 View attachment 160022 View attachment 160028

Thanks for representing us at the memorial, Jim!

Thanks Jim for representing the community & thanks for the photos, they shed a little more light into Sal's life. My thoughts are with the family moving ahead as the next few months will be the toughest.

I didn't know him or ever have the opportunity to work with him, but seeing the reactions and support here I know that we lost a good person. We need more good people, not less, so this is not just a loss for the people who he touched, but a loss for all people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom