Ride June 26th from LAS airport (2 Viewers)

lJesterl

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hello,

This may be a strange request but my nephew and I are flying to Vegas for the WSOP June 26th. We are currently scheduled to land at 2:39 pm. Ive heard the Uber lines can be hours long. Im looking for someone that would be willing to pick us up from the LAS airport and drop us off at the Horseshoe (Ballys&Paris). I am willing to pay $30-$50 bucks. Whatever you think is appropriate. PM me.

Thanks!

You can grab a cab (which is very quick and easy, right outside of baggage claim) to the Horseshoe for only $24. ;)

We haven't used any ride shares to/from the airport since they instituted the fixed rates for cabs a couple years ago.

You can grab a cab (which is very quick and easy, right outside of baggage claim) to the Horseshoe for only $24. ;)

We haven't used any ride shares to/from the airport since they instituted the fixed rates for cabs a couple years ago.
Thank you @theyeive been confused on it. People on Twitter saying the ubber lines are hours long. Im fine with a taxi. Are they available when you walk out there? Like you just grab one and tell them where you are going?

Thank you @theyeive been confused on it. People on Twitter saying the ubber lines are hours long. Im fine with a taxi. Are they available when you walk out there? Like you just grab one and tell them where you are going?
LAS Airport has one of the easiest and most organized taxi pickup systems I've ever seen (although I don't take taxis from airports often.) They have a long curbside with a roped off queue area, right outside the baggage claim area (follow signs for "Ground Transportation" or "Taxi" I think) with different bays (numbered #1 through #10 or 12), and have taxis waiting at each spot.

There is an airport staff person at the front of the line who will direct your party which spot to go. For example, if you had a party of 4 or 5, for example, he'd direct you to a larger cab.

During busy times, there are plenty of cabs queued and ready to fill in the bays. It can be a little wait if the lines of people are long, but nothing out of the ordinary. I was just there last week, and took a from the airport, it was around $24 + tip.

Thank you all. I very much appreciate it. @AWenger that makes me feel better. I appreciate you too @okkI I would hate to inconvenience you if the taxis are that easy. I will PM if anything changes way before then :)

I can agree that LAS as tons of taxis going in and out of there constantly. The main way they all go is the strip too, so that just makes it that much easier. Of course there is also Uber and Lyft, but I'm not sure how they work. What @AWenger explained with the line of taxis is the real deal. Seen it plenty of times going to pick up family when they fly in as I'm walking into the baggage claim.

I only take a taxi when going from the airport to my hotel - it couldn't be easier (though I've never been there during the WSOP).

It's probably 50:50 (taxi:uber) for my trips back to the airport from my hotel.

Ahh... this makes sense if they fixed the rates for cabs a couple years ago. Because a few years ago, I seem to remember Lyft and Uber being cheaper than a taxi. But this year, the Uber rates I checked when I got to the airport were more expensive than the taxi was.

And @IJester, there is a separate Uber & Lyft pickup area, but it's just beyond the taxi area. To get to the Uber & Lyft area, from the baggage claim, take the escalator to the 2nd floor, then go outside cross the pedestrian bridge to the parking deck -- the Uber & Lyft area is in that parking garage, they have pickup areas across a few drive aisles there.

Thanks all! I love this community, lol.

I wonder if Horshoe has taxis, i don't recall seeing them last year when it was Ballys. Ill need to get a taxi or uber back to the airport on July 7th to come home. I have a bag to check and my return flight leaves at 2:12 pm.

I know here (tri cities airport in TN) you have to be there at least 45 minutes early to check a bag.

Thanks all! I love this community, lol.

I wonder if Horshoe has taxis, i don't recall seeing them last year when it was Ballys. Ill need to get a taxi or uber back to the airport on July 7th to come home. I have a bag to check and my return flight leaves at 2:12 pm.

I know here (tri cities airport in TN) you have to be there at least 45 minutes early to check a bag.

The taxi pick-up at Horseshoe is right outside the north entrance (on E Flamingo Rd.) and they will have cabs ready and waiting almost all the time.

Untitled-1.png

I'd plan to be to the LV airport at least 1.5 hrs early with a checked bag. I usually do 2 hours just to be safe, but I almost always end up waiting at the gate for at least 45 minutes, sometimes more than an hour. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom