Return of the John Boy Chips (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
and three others so far.

why is he not already banned over there? i assume it's a violation of CT's ToS to create multiple accounts in the way he has?

also i'm relieved to know that he likely didn't get whatever Black Sands chips/buttons he has from me or the buyer of my old chips since i never had that white version of the button.

Anyone read his tirade here (with a newly created account)? It was tantamount to "suckit" and "screw you all", but he wasn't as nice about it... If I had the banhammer on CT, he'd be gone.

Anyone read his tirade here (with a newly created account)? It was tantamount to "suckit" and "screw you all", but he wasn't as nice about it... If I had the banhammer on CT, he'd be gone.

he also referred quiet negatively to homosexuals, but then - paradoxically - invited me to engage in homosexual acts. some people, right?

The "Chip Magnet" account claims to be a different person, although I guess @abby99 is saying he's already created a bunch of alts. The new story makes more sense than the orginal "bought them for 50 quid" story though. Someone grabbed the pics from a gumtree listing and posted them here without actually buying the chips. Still could be the same pic thief posing as the "real owner" though.

EDIT: The racist chips on the eBay store he linked were pretty telling, too.

The "Chip Magnet" account claims to be a different person, although I guess @abby99 is saying he's already created a bunch of alts

He's spoofing, duplicating accounts and all sorts of stuff. shenanigans. I'd venture he's also on here and CT on other more tranquil mannered accounts... Lurking... Ever lurking...

yes I saw it. Didn't you see all of my ;)'s

Yes! :)

I read most of his stuff here, and it was truly banworthy. However, we can't ban him from CT for his foul postings on another forum. Patience, Grasshopper. He will dig his grave soon enough, and I'll be there to fill it in, with a smile.

What is his end game? Why waste all his time and others? I guess I just don't understand some peoples sense of entertainment.

Guess I figured it out...

Yes thanks a lot.I enjoy poker chips too so im here to talk chips too!
Might even keep them yet .

The end game is "take a $5k paypal transfer and disappear" presumably. With a little more mental stability it might have worked out here.

The end game is "take a $5k paypal transfer and disappear" presumably. With a little more mental stability it might have worked out here.

I kind of figured that. But why all the goofy posts. Guess if it's a mental (or substance) issue I'm kind of surprised he still has the chips, although maybe he never really had them.

Full sets of anything are scarce lately. Huge sets of desirable rare chips in the hands of a "newb" willing to sell them attracts a lot of interest. People just starting "chipping" must be really frustrated because the market just isn't there and that could lead them to make rash choices.

If someone really had stolen goods or wanted to run a scam, I rather doubt they would have gone about it the way JohnBoy did. It seemed a lot more like pure juvenile troll.

However, I think he did the community a service by reminding us that something too good to be true usually is. So when someone rushes in to scoop a "sucker" selling for a fraction of the market price, they might remember JohnBoy and think "whoa this might not be the way the seller claims". Private sales between members of the community with some history is fine but deals with a stranger need the protection of eBay (and even then things aren't risk free.)

It is hard to cheat an honest person -=- DrStrange

People just starting "chipping" must be really frustrated because the market just isn't there and that could lead them to make rash choices.
As someone who only recently began "chipping", I can say this is a struggle. It probably depends a bit on the goals of the collector, though. For me personally, I am wanting to upgrade chips for my active game. That obviously means I need a certain # of chips for the set to be usable. That has motivated me to buy chips I don't actually want (in the long term) with the idea of using a mixed cash set until I either complete the Protege set, or meet some personal goals allowing a CPC custom clay buy. At this point, it's hard to say which of those will happen first. Even though the custom set is at least 8 months out.

On the other hand, striving to meet the goal of "completing the collection" is part of the fun..right? :cool:

I read most of his stuff here, and it was truly banworthy. However, we can't ban him from CT for his foul postings on another forum. Patience, Grasshopper. He will dig his grave soon enough, and I'll be there to fill it in, with a smile.
I'll hold the lantern. Not a good way to introduce yourself to a community.

I'll hold the lantern. Not a good way to introduce yourself to a community.

Ya, I say the pitchforks and torches coming out.. and when I see that, I'm always one to advise caution... I mean, someone might inadvertently cause a forest fire (better to use lanterns). :)

Ya, I say the pitchforks and torches coming out.. and when I see that, I'm always one to advise caution... I mean, someone might inadvertently cause a forest fire (better to use lanterns). :)
we could just all as a whole ignore the shit outta him, that would tilt him so hard, just no1 replies to a single one of his posts on CT or PCF. we are feeding into him real hard

This guy's 15 mins of fame has been long over. abby99 and I spoke and I'm sure she will handle things acoordingly. And now back to your regularly scheduled program...:cool:

we could just all as a whole ignore the shit outta him, that would tilt him so hard, just no1 replies to a single one of his posts on CT or PCF. we are feeding into him real hard

I agree... except he's trolling under diff profiles and pops up "hey, look at me", then "wiggity-wiggity-wiggity-WHACK"... he goes crazy on us with posts about aliens and conspiracies, lol... Ya, I wish there was a way to ignore him... But he sucks you in all innocent like first under a new name...

I agree with Tommy... Let's carry on. The brunt of his shenanigans are over. lol, but we'll be talking about this one for a while...

You-can-go-about-your-business-1-300x300.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom