Tourney Rebuy & addon specifics. Does this make sense? (1 Viewer)

I am running a T25K bounty tournament tonight with a $60 buy in - $50 to the prize pool and a $10 bounty. There will be one rebuy available per player up until the first break. I want to offer an add on at the break too. Blind levels after the break will be 250/500. I was thinking about a $20 add on for T10K additional in chips. Does that sound reasonable ?
Add ons for me I always looked at in a few ways
1. Just a way for the "house" to make extra money because they are done while players are on break and nobody knows how many truly added on except for the house. (I'm talking in a 4+ table tourney at some kind of warehouse or hall not a 1-2 table home game where its much easier to keep track.)
2. I see add ons being beneficial if you want a lot of action at the beginning stages of the tournament with lots of rebuys, in this case the add on brings stacks up and you can play real poker after that. But your game only allows one rebuy, so to me that seems more like you just want your people to not lose with AA on the second hand of the tourney and be done for the night.

In a "friendly" home game where the "house" is not looking to make money I would just prefer to make the buy in be $75 or $80 from the start rather than $60 + $20 add on. Different strokes for different folks though so whatever you decide there is no right or wrong answer.
Good Luck!

as others have said not a fan of re-buy or add-on if one person can add-in the person who re-buys should be able to add-on too.

The lammer is a good concept, we call it a double chance tournament, a blank chip or non tourney chip is used as your double chance token and cashed in when you want it or at the break. Sometimes we do treble chance for longer games and sones we do double chance with an add-on at the break too to swell the pot with the add-on usually being half the buy-in for more than half the starting chips (to make it high value)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom