Tourney Rate my payout system. (2 Viewers)

Sounds a lot like participation trophies to me (losers getting something in return for mediocre results). Not something I want to encourage.

Want to win money? Play better.

I've started making a payout calculator in Google Sheets. I've managed to fix the rounding error by adding or removing the difference from first place. Currently it will input buy-ins, rebuys and add-ons and allow you to enter a different amount of money for each one. It will keep the number of players the same based on the number of initial buy-ins. It's also capped at 50 players but that's easy enough to scale.

Once my V1 is done I'll share it here for anyone to play with that wants to.

1694117595261.png

I've started making a payout calculator in Google Sheets. I've managed to fix the rounding error by adding or removing the difference from first place. Currently it will input buy-ins, rebuys and add-ons and allow you to enter a different amount of money for each one. It will keep the number of players the same based on the number of initial buy-ins. It's also capped at 50 players but that's easy enough to scale.

View attachment 1191928
I have one that I built that uses mround and it’s only random combos of adding/buyins/rebuys that have the rounded payouts off by $5 here or there. For the most part it is solid when rounding to the nearest $5. I just do like the rest and chop that extra $5 out of first place.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qnS6_KoOY0x40fskof1f3_GnjNj6vzeZtcq3tL8RQWY/edit

View attachment 1191928

I have one of my own, if you want I can give you the link to it.
Only cells in light yellow need input, the rest is automatic.

1694120171894.png

I have one of my own, if you want I can give you the link to it.
Only cells in light yellow need input, the rest is automatic.

View attachment 1191958
Nice! I'd love to take a look. Mine will auto fill the number of payouts based on the number of players in the tourney. There will be a calculation sheet where all of the desired percentages can be pre-loaded.

Here's what I came up with. Feel free to play around with it and give feedback or make your own edits. Consider it open source.

Inputs Tab - Where you enter the details of the tourney. Add-ons and Rebuys will not add additional payouts, only add to the prize pool. Number of payouts is determined by the number of players.

Calculations Tab - All the calculations occur here.
  • The Green Table just carries the input data over into the calculations sheet
  • The Blue Tables are static data. Edit these to match your desired payout percentages
  • The Purple Tables do the calculations and round the payouts to the nearest tens place. If the rounded total sum is off from the expected total sum, then the difference is subtracted from first place. The Correction values are returned back to the Inputs Tab for easy viewing.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-rvxl4anErMu-xKq1v_qSRCmtoExg6825XEY24YYAwk/edit?usp=sharing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom