Rail cut through (1 Viewer)

LeGold

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Any suggestions on fixing (or, to be more precise, sanitizing) a rail that has been cut through, approx. 10" in length, on a visible spot? Black vinyl, hard to replace without taking the whole table apart, so an ok-ish solution that just closes the gap would do the trick in this case.

Any suggestions on fixing (or, to be more precise, sanitizing) a rail that has been cut through, approx. 10" in length, on a visible spot? Black vinyl, hard to replace without taking the whole table apart, so an ok-ish solution that just closes the gap would do the trick in this case.

sounds like blood was involved, we need a story.
Removing inlays gone bad?
Aces full of kings beat by the case king on the river?
Somebody asked “who’s it on?“ One too many times?

I wish I could give you such a good story... unfortunately, it was just me being stupid as sh*t, and an unboxing gone wrong :bag:
"Surely, there's padding all around" (famous last words)

I wish I could give you such a good story... unfortunately, it was just me being stupid as sh*t, and an unboxing gone wrong :bag:
"Surely, there's padding all around" (famous last words)
I done it too, whilst cutting boxes, like a dumb shit, on my fancy table. I have a workshop, and many other tables, but I chose to use my fancy custom felted Tony Chan poker table...

Ended up making a 1/2" sized gash about 2-3mm deep. Sad. I was heartbroken and wanted to punch myself. Real feeling...

Called Tony and asked for advice. Not much can be done in my case, I have a black felt and just used a Jiffy marker to "blacken" the area and mask the small white foamy bits that want to spill out. I am shedding a tear just writing this story.

Sorry to hear that. Mine is not as fancy as a T Chan, but still, after all it has been through (ordered in February, picked up a few days ago due to covid), drove for 500 miles with it on the roof... ah well. Anyway, I tried something similar myself - duct tape from the inside, to keep the to sides as close to each other as possible, and black marker to mask the vinyl's borders... not sure how strong that will be. If not, I'll try the gorilla tape (also first on the inside - if it works then I think it's less intrusive).

You could buy a black vinyl repair kit off of amazon for around $15. It is a gel that you scrape over the cut and it dries to a matte black surface that won’t re-split.

Id use gorilla tape or flex-tape on the inside first to hold it together as flush as possible and then apply the vinyl repair gel over the top to fill in the ‘crack’ and wipe off any excess to minimize the appearance of the repair.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom