SOLD Racks of El Dorado 50c (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1pe

Full House
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I originally purchased these to make a NCV/Relabel limit set, but I have decided to go a different direction.

I spent a lot of time cleaning these with the ultrasonic machine, probably half of the chips required gently scraping out deeply entrenched gunk by hand. For the majority of the chips I've oiled the rolling edges ONLY. There are a couple of barrels of fully oiled chips in the mix, they look much better oiled IMO but I never got around to doing all of them.

Borrowing pictures from @uclaure so you get an idea of the condition. The green really pops! The chips for sale here look like the cleaned rack, but more dry in the center since I only oiled the edges. I can snap more photos upon request.

My lost time cleaning these beauties is your gain. Asking the price I paid @ $45 per rack plus shipping.

All racks spoken for, still waiting for a couple of payments.
Note: the last rack sold will include 10 un-cleaned chips.

Dibs here in the thread followed by PM please.

73AD138F-00BE-471B-9B9E-F8B9C05D053A.jpeg

70C980EF-8A7A-40C2-86BE-5383B534ABA0.jpeg

BDF4952B-C901-4C74-8935-E9FC60579273.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m tempted to buy them back:sneaky:

I know there were still folks out there looking to get some after I closed up shop...should not last long, especially since all the hard work has been done. GLWS

I just ordered 6 racks of Town Tavern 5’s from @The Chip Exchange to add to my set. He has them on eBay, but talk to him here to save him some on fees if you’re interested. Hopefully they will go well with these fracs and the eldorado 1’s. It looks like the edge spots on these town tavern 5’s might be day green.

B4DF444E-C168-4A8F-912B-81712AA7242C.jpeg

I just ordered 6 racks of Town Tavern 5’s from @The Chip Exchange to add to my set. He has them on eBay, but talk to him here to save him some on fees if you’re interested. Hopefully they will go well with these fracs and the eldorado 1’s. It looks like the edge spots on these town tavern 5’s might be day green.

View attachment 168451
Those look like they will go very well!

I ordered two racks of Lucky Derby 1's and fell in love with the vibrant orange...still going to keep 2 racks of the El Dorado 50c's for ante/bring/SB, or for something else down the road :)

I will take 2 racks if they are still available.
Sending the PM now

So pretty and bright when cleaned. After oiling, they will rock. 1 down, 299 to go. Think I finally have a reason to get an ultrasonic cleaner?

Then all I'll need to do is mill and get custom labels made. :( At least I have a project to work on.

IMG_20180420_142508.jpg

So pretty and bright when cleaned. After oiling, they will rock. 1 down, 299 to go. Think I finally have a reason to get an ultrasonic cleaner?

Then all I'll need to do is mill and get custom labels made. :( At least I have a project to work on.

View attachment 168575

Yes, they look great after oiling. And yes...an ultrasonic is essential for large lots of chips like these! See that gunk in the cane hook though? Left chip, bottom of picture. That's what I was talking about when I mentioned hand picking out at least 50% of chips, even after a couple of minutes in the ultrasonic. When I was cleaning these I ran them for ~2 minutes, then rinsed and picked any gunk to loosen it up, then another 30 seconds in the ultrasonic. Seemed to get all of it out.

Yes, they look great after oiling. And yes...an ultrasonic is essential for large lots of chips like these! See that gunk in the cane hook though? Left chip, bottom of picture. That's what I was talking about when I mentioned hand picking out at least 50% of chips, even after a couple of minutes in the ultrasonic. When I was cleaning these I ran them for ~2 minutes, then rinsed and picked any gunk to loosen it up, then another 30 seconds in the ultrasonic. Seemed to get all of it out.

Yup. That one chip took 3-4 minutes of hand scrubbing and picking at the grime with a tooth pick and I still managed to miss some. Cleaning chips is a bit therapeutic for me, but I don't need THAT much therapy. ;) At least that's what the voices in my head tell me.

If anyone wants to offload a rack that they realize they didn't need (we've all been there, right ;)) I'd be happy to pick it up.

Mods and @v1pe , I am sorry if this is an inappropriate post! If so, please delete!

Not at all, but thanks for reminding me I need to close this post out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom