Race Track Poker Tables? (1 Viewer)

Nice table. I need to play on this type of table. The angle, from the rail to the cards, looks extreme for a peek. It doesn’t sound like it is, from what I’ve read, but it sure looks it.

The raised rail on this table is a tad high (1.5" iirc, I find about 3/4"-1" is perfect) but you can still easily see your cards without having to crouch down.

The raised rail on this table is a tad high (1.5" iirc, I find about 3/4"-1" is perfect) but you can still easily see your cards without having to crouch down.

Fine, but someone here complained that other players can see the racetrack table card peek. I don’t see how that’s any different on a raised rail table, if not worse. Again, I would have to play on one. Also, I don’t claim my table is perfect. Merely stating that every table has a “weakness”, maybe quirk is a better word.

I also fully admit that I considered form and function when I designed my table. I am having a pool table delivered next week. Forgoing the form factor, instead of a traditional hanging pool light and green felt, I installed a flush mounted LED light and went with Euro Blue felt. Basically a commercial 9 ball tournament setup. Very easy on the shooter’s eyes, no shadows, etc., etc. Fully functional, but not the classic look typically seen in a home game. I can damn close to a burgundy felt to match my table, but function overtook form.

Just got a BBO table with racetrack. Looks nice but don't like the racetrack.
Shuffling on hard surface is weird, pushing stacks on hard surface too.

Was planning on custom no racetrack table but stumbled across a deal. Also a hell no on cup holders on table surface.

Just got a BBO table with racetrack. Looks nice but don't like the racetrack.
Shuffling on hard surface is weird, pushing stacks on hard surface too.

Was planning on custom no racetrack table but stumbled across a deal. Also a hell no on cup holders on table surface.

Interested to hear people's thoughts on the BBO table as compared with Chanman's tables. Tony feel free to jump in too.

Well tbh I had been saving up for a custom table from Tony for a few months. From all the pics and testimonials that's the way I was going 100%. Only reason I ended up with a BBO is someone local sold me one for $1200 Canadian and it's like new. You just don't let steals like that go by.

Time will tell if the racetrack and cupholders force me to sell it though...

My guys actually tease me the cups are great for hiding their chips.

There's no comparison.
kiss.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom