Princess Auto has nice Red Poker Chip Tool Boxes 2200 chip capacity (CHEAP!) actually 2600 chips cap (1 Viewer)

philhut

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
*** Dec 11 2020 update, discovered that you can stack to racks of chips in the top tray increasing total chip capacity to 2600 ! ***

Canadians rarely get good things these days. Well I was in Princess Auto Yesterday and look what I found for $34.99. I think there $49.99 regular.

This cool box holds 1800 chips in the lower compartment on racks. there is about 1" on each side after 6 racks are put in across, when the 3rd row in put in the chips are held in place by the hand holds that you see which just into the side of the case. Then the tray on top will hold 4 racks with or without lids (lower bay does not allow for lids). Also if the lower case is full you can place 18 plaques on each end that will be secured by the chips etc....Or on the top you can place rows of 16 horse shoe plaques on the wide side and the lid will close. You can at max get 1800 chips and ~24 plaques or 4 decks of cards in the lower tray and in the removable max 4 racks of chips. I plan on gluing some of the non slip matting you put in your tool trays throughout the case to provide some basic protections (or felt, not yet decided). I think this may reduce the plaques capacity down to 15 otherwise nothing else should be affected but less scratch potential. The case is fairly well built for the price, good and solid with 3 locking loops. Its going to be heavy when full but we all need a good workout, at least its very mobile different and secure. Get em while you can. If you really want one I don't mind picking up a few for committed folks.

Now The tough part I only ordered 1200 horseshoe chips.....but I have 2000 customs on order....resisting ordering more horse shoes to fill the case before my customs come in, there is a perfectly good acrylic rack for the horseheads too, but the dealer button an plaques don't fit well....may be buying a second little red box.

ceuTu0b.jpg

eW5xBVZ.jpg

U4idn5u.jpg

link to princess site for the item,
here is the link not my product and I don't work for princess auto

Last edited:
COOL!

Are they easy to get out of the box?

Thanks for posting fellow Ontarian! @philhut
Yes you can lift out one rack at a time just lift up and out at a very slight angle. They stack 3 high inside 6 racks across with room for about 3 plaques on each side. You can not life out 2 racks at a time only 1 at a time which makes them very stable in there. I bought a 2nd tool box and attempted to put felt stickers in there to pad the sides somewhat. Well I did a terrible job but it does provide a little bit of padding. If you can apply window tinting you could probably do this.......if not don't expect great results lol.

How would you lift a full box without a crane?

It would not be pleasant trying to lug around 26+ kg toolbox with one hand from a vehicle to a home, navigating stairs, etc. Even split between two boxes would be much better.

Its a tool box. The handles on the side are built right into the metal so its very easy to carry so long as you can handle a few pounds (re the picture for handle design). The top handle is also pretty tough from the looks of it and doesn't bow or give me the feeling that it will break at all. I am very picky and exceedingly happy with these cases. I always build large poker sets. I don't like the idea of multiple small sets, I prefer having a handful of large multi-purpose chips sets that can fit any stakes or game I may want to play with them. As such most of my sets are 2000 chips plus. Large chip numbers create a hastle of having multiple containers, this chip case solves all of those problems. The only other case I have which is also excellent that I really like is the one in my avatar picture which is an old Bud Jones chip case with bud jones racks. Fits exactly 2000 chips. Can't really get them anymore though.

9250.jpg
s-l300.jpg

How would you lift a full box without a crane?

It would not be pleasant trying to lug around 26+ kg toolbox with one hand from a vehicle to a home, navigating stairs, etc. Even split between two boxes would be much better.

Some Final pictures with 2200 chips and 60 plaques. There are 24 plaques under the chip racks in the bottom of the case and the racks in the top tray. Like all things cases become full quickly. For Those who ask the handle is surprisingly able to hold this...for distances I recommend holding it from the sides. Its not for ballerinas though, Its more of a case that stays at home which is also mobile if you want it to be. No thief will be running off fast with this in their arms.

This Case Allows For Professional Labelling
aWmS4CD.jpg

Top Tray
OwulMrZ.jpg

Lower bin
pq4sIlF.jpg

3 plaques fit stacked, 9 in total on each side under the built in handles
VHMkLUO.jpg

Big Red 26" tool box is on sale again for $39.99

I may have picked up the last one, but they could be available at your local store. the 20" is now $59.99 (I got mine on sale for $29.99)
the 20" hold 2600 chips and the 26" allows for a whopping 3600 chips. I needed a second 26" to store my full cards mold set and then finally all of the CPC's can go in the 20" that most of the cards mold chips were in thus storing each full set in its own container finally.

This is cool. I never liked taking birdcages anywhere as they seem so flimsy.

Ok so what is the weight when full? Haha

Probably between 60 to 80lbs. Easy enough to carry short distances but not something many could run with. For small games I can throw chips in a birdcage carrier....but these tool boxes allow me to fit entire sets in one container.

Ok so what is the weight when full? Haha

For reference this set of two cases holds both of the sets pictured below. It's a Mega set.

1643023363890(1).png
20220517_213145(2).jpg
(Top shelf on 26", floor tray is hsi and all hsi in the 20")
20220530_013552.jpg
I ordered another 20"/26" set for my sloth clubs also.
Easy to lock, can be placed on most shelves or tables. Space for cards/buttons/bounties etc...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom