Prestige - Sun-Fly hybrid new design - interest in buying poll (GB is open) (3 Viewers)

Please estimate how many chips you are interested in purchasing (best guess)

• 2000+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1000 - 2000

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • 500-1000

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • 100-500

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Sample set only

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • not interested

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Other please explain

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
very disappointed with total chips sold in the GB. Looks like the total is going to be about half of what I expected. For people that were interested but didn't purchase, was there a reason? Looking to do better next time.

very disappointed with total chips sold in the GB. Looks like the total is going to be about half of what I expected. For people that were interested but didn't purchase, was there a reason? Looking to do better next time.

Nothing against your design @p5woody, but personally I'm mainly only interested in V7 style hybrids (ie: with denoms on outer rings). IMO the 43mm hybrids were made for that style, giving the look of a V7 without the playability/handling issues of BJ/Matsui/etc chips.

I do love the look of these DB's & I've ordered sample sets mainly for the DB's but also to see if the chip design would grow on me. Depending on how I like them I may still buy some later if still offered by vendor. Just wasn't ready to commit to a full set of these during the GB period.

I'll take a stab (Ultimately ordered today though) ...

Not a huge fan of the Blade design, a couple of our core group (And a couple non-poker players) liked it, and thought it was fresh; but the majority were indifferent. Wasn't on board myself, until @doublequeen posted pictures, and I could see the sides of the chips stacked. My own order is also a little smaller than I intended, as I feel almost forced into ordering in multiples of 400 due to being in Canada.

Would imagine the global pandemic might have something to do with it also.

I've always loved the color scheme, and the 43mm chips are fantastic, happy I was able to get some samples in hand to feel them, but that only happened as I tracked down Members, Private Messaged them, and arranged to acquire.

EDIT*

So I guess: Live shots if possible, that show off the sides of chips, not prototypes that look washed; and hard to visualize for people who aren't used to viewing design mocks.

Enhanced shipping options (Appreciate this is alot of work) for different sizes.

Longer buy periods in this current environment, and ending on a Friday also seems strange (Assuming people get paid bi-weekly, the buying window is actually really short).

Need more of these chips out there, so that people can handle / sample them.

Last edited:
FWIW, I somehow missed the original pre-GB discussion and voting, but placed the order now (even though it is really bad timing for me atm). I hope my contribution helped the cause!
(still a few hours for other undecided latecomers)

Nothing against your design @p5woody, but personally I'm mainly only interested in V7 style hybrids (ie: with denoms on outer rings). IMO the 43mm hybrids were made for that style, giving the look of a V7 without the playability/handling issues of BJ/Matsui/etc chips.

I do love the look of these DB's & I've ordered sample sets mainly for the DB's but also to see if the chip design would grow on me. Depending on how I like them I may still buy some later if still offered by vendor. Just wasn't ready to commit to a full set of these during the GB period.
I understand the design isn't for everybody, I was more interested in people that said they were interested in buying but then decided not to purchase. I thought the semi-custom options would have brought in even more buyers,

I'll take a stab (Ultimately ordered today though) ...

Not a huge fan of the Blade design, a couple of our core group (And a couple non-poker players) liked it, and thought it was fresh; but the majority were indifferent. Wasn't on board myself, until @doublequeen posted pictures, and I could see the sides of the chips stacked. My own order is also a little smaller than I intended, as I feel almost forced into ordering in multiples of 400 due to being in Canada.

Would imagine the global pandemic might have something to do with it also.

I've always loved the color scheme, and the 43mm chips are fantastic, happy I was able to get some samples in hand to feel them, but that only happened as I tracked down Members, Private Messaged them, and arranged to acquire.

EDIT*

So I guess: Live shots if possible, that show off the sides of chips, not prototypes that look washed; and hard to visualize for people who aren't used to viewing design mocks.

Enhanced shipping options (Appreciate this is alot of work) for different sizes.

Longer buy periods in this current environment, and ending on a Friday also seems strange (Assuming people get paid bi-weekly, the buying window is actually really short).

Need more of these chips out there, so that people can handle / sample them.

Thanks for the information

I understand the design isn't for everybody, but they knew what the design was when they expressed interest. I am personally okay with the volume, I feel bad for Sun-Fly they priced shipping and cost based a certain volume and we didn't meet the estimates I gave them. I expected the numbers to be lower compared to previous GB because of the pandemic and the design is a little more unique.

As far as the buy period, I thought it was pretty standard and people new about the GB for months. If it was too short, that is my fault Sun-Fly asked me how long the GB should be open. Also the longer it is open, the longer the chips are delayed. I provided a lot of 3d mockups, if you ever need more just ask :)

As far as getting more chips out there, we have had a bunch of GB where sample sets were available and a sample set thread was created for this one to, so people can get samples. Previous Gb were same chip just different design. Like any else, you can't have samples before they are made :)

Buy period was definitely not too short. After months of interest threads, once the GB posted, most should know whether or not they are buying. Only needed some time to work out semi-customization and the amount given seemed like enough.

My initial interest was only a sample set, but the semi-customization option almost pushed me to a full order. I also was able to get samples of similar chips in plenty of time to make a decision. Ultimately I decided the design, while appealing, just wasn't for me. Nothing against it at all. Just not my style.

I was never a buyer since i havn't even got my custom order in to play yet. And also, i'm not rich like a lot of you guys, haha.

The design is diffrent. But i think its a very cool design. Seeing the pron posted by @doublequeen i must say they look wicked cool in my opinion.

Anybody still on the fence about this gb. If you got the money, get those chips. At worst you should be able to sell the chips later close to cost, cause its a really good price for you guys in north america. I'm a super fan of @SUN-FLY Poker Chips , i think the chips handle, stack, sound and look stunning. Specially of you factor in the cost.

Why havn't this gb sold more? Well, maybe the corona situation has a part in it... Or i'm pretty sure it must have to some degree. Maybe that the design is a bit too diffrent? I don't know... Some pics of produced chips in stacks or, you know, arranged as in live action might have convinced a few more buyers. The sides actually isn't very far from what v7 style chips look when stacked up.

I certainly hope this doesn't discourage future gb attempts. Maybe it just was bad timing this time.

I had immediate interest shown from 2 non-PCF members, which I assumed would lock in at least one purchase. I'll loop back with them to see if they are placing before the period ends.

I was more interested in people that said they were interested in buying but then decided not to purchase. I thought the semi-custom options would have brought in even more buyers,
According to the above poll, it looks like a minimum of 14,000 chips would be ordered. What are the numbers so far (excluding last-minute orders)?

FWIW @p5woody, I never filled out the poll and just ordered 900 at the last minute. Deadlines are motivating! So hopefully other people will do that too. The semi-custom options available with this design were great (swapping denominations+colors and personalized text)

According to the above poll, it looks like a minimum of 14,000 chips would be ordered. What are the numbers so far (excluding last-minute orders)?
With the final orders today we should be close to the minimum

I was only going to be in for a sleeve or two, but the minimums and shipping ended up being higher than expected.

All that said, I admit, I was very tempted to give up my 8v label project for a tournament set for these, but in the end the price was too high compared to what I could complete my 8v project for.

It isn't a reflection of the design. In my opinion the design was killer and those pink and black 5000s are insane. I just didn't end up having a use.

Sorry if the response is underwhelming, maybe sets just aren't front of mind right now for the same number of chippers. But I think this was excellent work and you outdid yourself from the Mountain Top design.

Thanks,

I actually quite liked the design, but I haven't used chips in 4 months and it's unlikely that will change any time soon so it was just an expense I couldn't tie to a need. The colors/design looked great, I got some of the samples that were floating around and I like the quality of the chips, and the ability to make the prestige, P and values anything you want was just amazing.

Couldn't justify buying any sets at this point.

Contact Sun-Fly. I think the Prestige design was intended to be made into a stock item. If so, you will not get the same price as the original group buy members were able to negotiate.

Usually though (not always) Sun-Fly will consider any order over 3,000 chips as a "group buy" and will allow you the per unit pricing, but you probably won't get the sweetheart deal on shipping that happened during the Prestige Group Buy. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom