SOLD Premium Chips I should sell (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that codified somewhere? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

In my book, murdering is inlay removal and milling is removing material from a hot stamp or blank with a bit. They are mutually exclusive. JMHO though.
Are these RPC 5s milled or were the inlays removed by hand?

Is that codified somewhere? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

In my book, murdering is inlay removal and milling is removing material from a hot stamp or blank with a bit. They are mutually exclusive. JMHO though.
odd, I call this Chipomasochism

Are these RPC 5s milled or were the inlays removed by hand?

I said milled because they came with the PCAs and I think they were milled with a shaped inlay. So I thought they were milled with Cnc instead of drill press. But I got them secondhand so I don’t know.

Can you remove a shaped inlay and will it leave the shape behind? Or does it come off round?

Yes it will stay shaped unless the entire area is milled out.
I’ll have to take a close pic of the $10 but here’s the $25

6B0350CD-4E4E-4CD6-A32E-635306608975.png

Murdered but not milled. Shaped area remains intact.
Okay that then

Isn’t murdered the umbrella term for milled and/or inlay removal? I thought these were both murdering to differentiate from overlabels.

If someone says their chip is relabeled it could mean murdered or overlabeled. If murdered then that could mean milled or label removed.

Isn’t murdered the umbrella term for milled and/or inlay removal? I thought these were both murdering to differentiate from overlabels.
Correct. Typically chips with inlays have them removed. It is rarer to mill an inlay chip since it often leaves behind pieces of the inlay. Milling on the other hand is typically done on hotstamped or blank chips.

Chips with an inlay already have space for a label to sit in if murdered.

If we are going to define terms about Murder, milling, relabeling, and inlay removal, I think we should include @Wifey! AKA The Murder Queen!

;):ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

1675542162502.png

What a fun Saturday afternoon read!

Yet another reason not to use the word murder when talking target chips to me...it means too many things to too many people.
If I don't get specific, Gear could make the wrong sized label.

To me, to murder a chip, is to remove it's existing inlay, to create a space for a 3rd party laminated label.
To me, you only mill chips without inlays, like hotstamped chips, to create a space for a 3rd party laminated label.

Yes, there are chips out there that had labels, and have had a drill press bit remove the labels. As someone mentioned above, that has a tendency to leave flashes of original label (and the original inlay space) left behind. That just makes my little OCD heart die inside a bit, but I am picky, YMMV.

To me, a labeled chip (one that has a 3rd party label applied to it) can be:
  • Fully intact with a thin label applied on top of the existing inlay. The original existing inlay is thus unarmed.
    • I call this Overlabeling/Overlabeled.
  • Having had it's original inlay manually removed by hand (exacto blade method), and the space that is left (shaped or circular) gets a laminated label applied in it.
    • I call this Inlay Removed / Inlay Replaced.
  • Having had it's hotstamp (or inlay) removed via milling it off with a fast moving bit. The space that remains has a laminated label applied in it.
    • I call this milled.
Your definitions and opinions may vary...but this is how Gear and I communicate and be clear about what's what with your target chips.

View attachment 1073525
What a fun Saturday afternoon read!

Yet another reason not to use the word murder when talking target chips to me...it means too many things to too many people.
If I don't get specific, Gear could make the wrong sized label.

To me, to murder a chip, is to remove it's existing inlay, to create a space for a 3rd party laminated label.
To me, you only mill chips without inlays, like hotstamped chips, to create a space for a 3rd party laminated label.

Yes, there are chips out there that had labels, and have had a drill press bit remove the labels. As someone mentioned above, that has a tendency to leave flashes of original label (and the original inlay space) left behind. That just makes my little OCD heart die inside a bit, but I am picky, YMMV.

To me, a labeled chip (one that has a 3rd party label applied to it) can be:
  • Fully intact with a thin label applied on top of the existing inlay. The original existing inlay is thus unarmed.
    • I call this Overlabeling/Overlabeled.
  • Having had it's original inlay manually removed by hand (exacto blade method), and the space that is left (shaped or circular) gets a laminated label applied in it.
    • I call this Inlay Removed / Inlay Replaced.
  • Having had it's hotstamp (or inlay) removed via milling it off with a fast moving bit. The space that remains has a laminated label applied in it.
    • I call this milled.
Your definitions and opinions may vary...but this is how Gear and I communicate and be clear about what's what with your target chips.

^^^^^^^^^^^This is very clear and I would agree with it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom