Post Your Idea...Make Some Money? (1 Viewer)

BarrieJ3

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Alright, I want to make an attempt at making a fun little thread. Who knows if it’ll work. Here’s the situation. I SUCK at envisioning aesthetics. It’s not that I have no style or artistic creativity, it’s that I don’t have a minds eye. When looking at furniture, it’s impossible to imagine it in the house. I can’t see how stuff goes together, without seeing the stuff. Same thing kinda applies to poker chips. Also a big community type guy, tried coming up with a dope community chip idea with Kifer awhile ago, would’ve been a decade long project and fizzled out.

So, new idea. I wanted to see if I’d get any bites on creating my own PCF set, from all of you. Basically start with a design idea, have everyone throw out something, maybe a new one, maybe old idea that you couldn’t get going. Give it a week, and I’ll choose one (or put it up for vote!). Like a fiverr contest, winning selection gets $25 or free samples or w/e.

Next put up vote on whether we’re using THCs, CPC, milled whatever, ceramics, etc.

Then we do design stuff. People draw up whatever they think works around the design idea. If we do 5, different chips, then I or the voting picks a design for each denomination and those 5 people get $25 or sample or whatever.

Lastly hoping to get some designers in the mix to put in their touches and spin, taking it to the finish line. Obvioisly I would have to pay them for their time, but even if I use three total, could have a primary and secondary set eventually.

Next, people vote between the various denoms, provide feedback like a usual thread.

Lastly, people throwing up the design for the individual chips (or listing chips that are out there if we went rhc/thc, or w.e option was chosen).

Maybe it’s a stupid idea, but I like the idea of having peeps involved, and having a community PCF built chipset. Sorry for the long thread, if anyone’s interested in seeing this happen, I’ll redo and start a real thread, thought out fully and all. Not sure what to do to get people interested, maybe samples for everyone who actively participates?

CPC custom inlaid set with a bourbon theme. Or wine theme if that is your jam

.25, 1, 5, 20, 100

muted colors if bourbon. If a wine theme, keep it bright and vibrant.

I involved the community when building my sunsets and bourbon poker chip sets. I got some great suggestions that only improved my sets.

Parks and Rec custom set was a small design team

My hot stamped custom set is even a smaller design team.

I involved the community when building my sunsets and bourbon poker chip sets. I got some great suggestions that only improved my sets.

Parks and Rec custom set was a small design team

My hot stamped custom set is even a smaller design team.
Hey don’t forget whose idea it was for Sweetums !!’ :LOL: :laugh: Just kidding, you guys crushed it on those!

Could be fun! Or it could be a mess. Guess you won't know until you try.

Either way, following along.

I don't need your money to help you with a design/idea lol. I'd rather earn it at the tables from you ;)
Lol jeezus. The kids and move, haven’t had a chance to get any of the felt or study/reading time I said I would.
I feel like the rest of you should be flying me in to each meetup, I save some money on my mini vacation, y’all get a blubbery fish happy to lose.

Lol jeezus. The kids and move, haven’t had a chance to get any of the felt or study/reading time I said I would.
I feel like the rest of you should be flying me in to each meetup, I save some money on my mini vacation, y’all get a blubbery fish happy to lose.

You'll be fine as long as nobody juices the pot with any scratch offs, samples sets, DB's. You do know your aloud to fold in these instances right?

Yellow 1s and pink 5s. That's all I got for now, I don't know much about edge spot numbers or Yada Yada

edit: i didnt read the entire thread.

Last edited:
You'll be fine as long as nobody juices the pot with any scratch offs, samples sets, DB's. You do know your aloud to fold in these instances right?
Haha haha I was just talking to the guy throwing in lotto tickets the other day in PCF poker stars. I love it. Can’t help it. I’m a team player and gambler, who loves the social aspect of poker.

Haha haha I was just talking to the guy throwing in lotto tickets the other day in PCF poker stars. I love it. Can’t help it. I’m a team player and gambler, who loves the social aspect of poker.

@Copper44 I believe. I might have to bring another sample set to gift you in the middle of the session :)

CPC revolving around horror movies.

Each denom uses a chip designed around a different villain. Pretty sure that’s the route I would go if I ever decided to design a new set :)

CPC revolving around horror movies.

Each denom uses a chip designed around a different villain. Pretty sure that’s the route I would go if I ever decided to design a new set :)

Somebody started a set like that but I don't believe it ever got created. I think they were going to use all Half pies and make it look like the monsters were framed? My retention sucks so I could be wrong.

Somebody started a set like that but I don't believe it ever got created. I think they were going to use all Half pies and make it look like the monsters were framed? My retention sucks so I could be wrong.
Sounds familiar... wasn’t that with Frankenstein, Dracula and the like? My vision is more using slashers with Mikey as the star of the show. Need some free time to play with the CDT, went and got myself interested in the idea LOL

PCF relabel with all edgespots like our emblem at the top of screen (forgive me but I can never remember 8v14tkdg etc for the correct name... I know, I should :tdown:) (tourney or cash) and the mods have to pose for pics on the labels like the playboy chips.

Last edited:
Don’t worry @BarrieJ3 there will be plenty of scratch offs at SQM!
Bullshit. The moment I see people reaching for bags to try and give me free stuff, I’m running away. Can we at least wait until my stack is low before splashing? That way I can just shove blindly and get it over with?

Canadian cliches, ya hoser.

$1 - White - Igloo city
$5 - Red/Black - Buffalo Plaid
$25 - Green/Light Green - The Queen's Green
$100 - Dark Chocolate- Donuts/Timmies

Where do I collect my payment?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom