Post a picture of your most recent purchase....(not poker chips) (7 Viewers)

Ordered

2019-05-18_23-23-17.jpg

After I just knocked over the TV in my home office / guest room.

IMG_20190518_221347.jpg

Mother F*cker! I didn't even have a beer yet. lol At least it is a newer model with Chrome cast built in.

This is awesome!! Haida?

I don’t know. I got it in CO and the guy didn’t know anything either. I got a good deal, I’ve been wanting something for a while and this is at least a way to see if I really want one and if it sticks.

Ordered

View attachment 289286

After I just knocked over the TV in my home office / guest room.

View attachment 289287

Mother F*cker! I didn't even have a beer yet. lol At least it is a newer model with Chrome cast built in.

Decided not to put a 24" back on top of the desk. Instead, I upgrade to a 43" on the wall. (safer you know) ;)

IMG_20190527_101956.jpg
IMG_20190527_101934.jpg

IMG_20190527_114921.jpg

The pics from My Man Cave Remodel thread came in handy. I have a receptacle in the same bay just below but could not get the metal KO out from inside the box. I tried to drill a hole in the knockout and run a screw in to use as leverage to get it out but no luck. Could not get the drill bit to bite. After breaking 3 bits I gave up. This guy had better luck.

So after looking through my old remodel thread I realized I could run power (and network) from the laundry/utility room behind the shower since the fiberglass panels only sits flush up against the studs at the top to be fastened. Installed a one gang plate where I cut the access to fish the wires from inside the laundry/utility room.

1. Bigger TV is always safer... (However you have to justify it, a bigger TV is always better.

2. That flush power/network box is sweet. Is it mounted on a stud, or does it float? (Edit: Judging by the screws on the top and bottom I assume it floats) Never seen one like that, but I like it.

The pics on Amazon don't show the receptacle box that's included. (also an old work box style).

This is a FAIL! LOL Not sure how someone would attached it without a box anyway.
61-Vwoob9yL._SL1500_.jpg

My TV is currently on an entertainment center...

If I wall mount it, it needs to be a clean install, so power + cable box HDMI + Xbox HDMI + Wii (component) + Nintendo Switch (not sure, HDMI?)... I have an Ethernet switch to control all the traffic.

My mancave remodel thread has some good pics of what I did for the main TV.

The pics on Amazon don't show the receptacle box that's included. (also an old work box style).

This is a FAIL! LOL Not sure how someone would attached it without a box anyway.
View attachment 293230

Duck tape. Duck tape fixes everything. Or at least that's what the dude who formerly owned my house would have done....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom