Poll: Tournament Edge Spots (1 Viewer)

What's your favorite edge spot style for a tournament set?

• Same spot pattern with SAME spot colors (only base color changes)

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Same spot pattern with DIFFERENT spot colors (base and spot colors change)

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Spot progression with any colors (simple to complex)

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Any different spot patterns and colors (anything goes)

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digirati

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to order a tournament set and I've seen several different styles I like. I've read threads where some think tournament sets should have the same spot pattern, and others that suggest spot progression. I know that ultimately it's "Do whatever you like best." However, when you like SEVERAL different styles, it's nice to get the opinions of others who've gone before you. So, if you were given a stack of cash and could build a new tournament set from scratch, what would you prefer?

I posted samples below.

Last edited:
I'm getting ready to order a tournament set and I've seen several different styles I like. I've read threads where some think tournament sets should have the same spot pattern, and others that suggest spot progression. I know that ultimately it's "Do whatever you like best." However, when you like SEVERAL different styles, it's nice to get the opinions of others who've gone before you. So, if you were given a stack of cash and could build a new tournament set from scratch, what would you prefer?
Post example pictures!

Post example pictures!
1 Same spot pattern with SAME spot colors (only base color changes) 2.jpeg

Same spot pattern with SAME spot colors (only base color changes)

2 Same spot pattern with DIFFERENT spot colors (base and spot colors change).jpg

Same spot pattern with DIFFERENT spot colors (base and spot colors change)

3 Spot progression with any colors (simple to complex).jpg

Spot progression with any colors (simple to complex)

anything goes.JPG

Any different spot patterns and colors (anything goes)

This is a great question. When I got back into this I bought my first set from Br Pro. At the time I was over the moon with my tiki kings until I continued down the rabbit hole. After more time on here the fact all the edge spots on them are the same started to bother me a little. I did figure out a solution to this problem tho…….buy multiple sets hahaha

I think this is personal preference as you stated but I love to see progression in a set.

I don’t mind tournament sets that have the same spot pattern with different colors but I do prefer a variety of patterns given a choice. Ultimately my preference would be the poll choices in reverse order.

My favorite tournament set of all time. Same edge spot pattern and edge spot colors throughout! I think we can all agree 4TSA18 is the greatest edge spot....period.
Well, we won't know until the poll has completed! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I think this is personal preference as you stated but I love to see progression in a set.
Noted!
I don’t mind tournament sets that have the same spot pattern with different colors but I do prefer a variety of patterns given a choice. Ultimately my preference would be the poll choices in reverse order.
I haven't voted myself, so I haven't seen the results yet. Could change...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom