Poll: Do you sit in front of the cup holders, or between them? (1 Viewer)

Do you sit in front of the cup holders, or between them?

• Total voters
In Between for me. However, caveat: I do prefer, cup holders in the playing surface rather than on the rail. Yes, I'm the only person on the face of the earth that prefers them like that, LOL!!
Screenshot_20190716-082004.png

There's a design for ya @ChaosRock I'm with you on not in the rail. Having trouble finding this guy, build a these tables in Maryland but craigslist add disappeared and cant find a website and cant find any info on the web for table builders in maryland... hopefully he hasn't packed up shop I'm hoping to get 2 matching tables made. Never heard of the double cup holders guessing you can buy them somewhere or have super deep holders maid to where top of bottle is only a few inches above the surface.

There's a design for ya @ChaosRock I'm with you on not in the rail. Having trouble finding this guy, build a these tables in Maryland but craigslist add disappeared and cant find a website and cant find any info on the web for table builders in maryland... hopefully he hasn't packed up shop I'm hoping to get 2 matching tables made. Never heard of the double cup holders guessing you can buy them somewhere or have super deep holders maid to where top of bottle is only a few inches above the surface.

It seems to me having a cupholder race track takes too much space in detriment of playing surface, no? Not a whole lot of benefits imo as well. I could be wrong.

Also, if the cup holders are too deep, it might get in the way of leg room.

It seems to me having a cupholder race track takes too much space in detriment of playing surface, no? Not a whole lot of benefits imo as well. I could be wrong.
Biggest problem is that the cupholder racetrack is never level with the felt, and cards get frequently damaged as a result.

Biggest problem is that the cupholder racetrack is never level with the felt, and cards get frequently damaged as a result.

Yep! I totally agree. Although that is not that different from tables with no racetrack but with raised rail.

The results are in, and in line with the cup holders is the clear winner.

Thought I would post a picture of the final table design for those who are interested...

View attachment 339206
Looks like a fun table. Have you considered rotating the characters 90 degrees (do that the head is by the cup holder)? I'm jut thinking that as you're looking out at the table, more of the characters would be right side up that way.

In Between for me. However, caveat: I do prefer cup holders in the playing surface rather than on the rail. Yes, I'm the only person on the face of the earth that prefers them like that, LOL!!
I do too if you’re going to have holes drilled in your table. I prefer cup holders that sit on the table with the slidey edge that goes under the rail (that can be removed if you’re nit using )

Looks like a fun table. Have you considered rotating the characters 90 degrees (do that the head is by the cup holder)? I'm jut thinking that as you're looking out at the table, more of the characters would be right side up that way.

No, I hadn't thought of that. The idea is that seating position would be determined by drawing cards with characters on them, and the person sitting at a particular position would be looking at the corresponding character.

No, I hadn't thought of that. The idea is that seating position would be determined by drawing cards with characters on them, and the person sitting at a particular position would be looking at the corresponding character.
Understood, and that does not change my suggestion. The idea being that instead of making the image right side up for the individual player, you could make it right side up for most. Just a thought to consider. I'm acutally not sure which is better.

Technically don’t we sit behind the cup holder?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom