POLL. Dealer Buttons? Yes or No? (1 Viewer)

Do you prefer to use a dealer button?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The dealer button does not dictate the rotation around the table, the Big Blind does.

In a tournament game with the dead button rule, you are correct.

We play cash games with the moving button rule, and there you are wrong - the button dictates the rotation! (And I feel it's the much better rule for cash. The "dead button" rule is a modification of normal poker for the purpose of tournaments.)

Last edited:
Dealer button has benefits beyond keeping track of where the dealer is. It should go on top of the desk when the dealer is not handling the cards. It is another layer of security just like the cut card on the bottom.

For the first time ever, someone made a deal about not needing it. We cycle in a lot of moving and experienced fishing players, so I prefer to just keep out the dealer button in the small blind blind button. All it does is help a little and if it bothers anyone, then they want to be bothered. And if they want to be bothered, I want them to be bothered.

I’ve always said they’re unnecessary for self dealt games. That said, some people like them. I’m a man of the people, so there’s always one on the table at my games. People definitely forget to move it more than half the time.
My main use for dealer buttons is to keep my KEMs flat.
0B974F8F-2BBB-4845-A349-3EA2FEA6FD9E.jpeg

I’ve always said they’re unnecessary for self dealt games. That said, some people like them. I’m a man of the people, so there’s always one on the table at my games. People definitely forget to move it more than half the time.
My main use for dealer buttons is to keep my KEMs flat.
View attachment 1125273

Cool looking dealer buttons.
I you ever decide to sell that IG dealer button, let me know.
Thanks!

Cool looking dealer buttons.
I you ever decide to sell that IG dealer button, let me know.
Thanks!
You can have it if I have another one to put on top of those KEMs. Let me check.

Edit: I do not have an extra. But send me a 60mm ceramic button and I’ll gladly send you this one.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom