Poll: 28mm or 25mm Recess? (1 Viewer)

28mm Recess or 25mm Recess?

• 28mm

• 25mm

Results are only viewable after voting.
It’s not an exact match yet, but it will be. The mock-up is more to just give a generalized idea. I will have to find out exactly how far in the ring sits to get the right size.

Not sure if I should bring up this subject here or not but, what the heck: When you're discussing the new mold with them James, is there a way to check if they can make the edges less shinny? Maybe it's not a matter of the mold design but rather, their way of polishing the chips, IDK. @Tommy might know the whole story about the shinny edges. Maybe @BGinGA knows as well. If there is a way to make the edges look like the faces, that would be a home-run!

Last edited:
Not sure if I should bring up this subject here or not but, what the heck: When you're discussing the new mold with them James, is there a way to check if they can make the edges less shinny? Maybe it's not a matter of the mold design but rather, their way of polishing the chips, IDK. @Tommy might know the whole story about the shinny edges. Maybe @BGinGA knows as well. If there is a way to make the edges look like the faces, that would be a home-run!

I would absolutely love that as well! I can certainly bring it up to them!

Just messing around...

e1ac6d2a-9fab-4794-aecf-738c98512e92.png

71ac66a7-185a-47f6-8b9f-2ed2794b272d.png

I really like the orange as the T5k. I honestly think the brown chip is kinda fugly to be honest. Then the yellow could be used as the T25k and the charcoal as the T100k. I also think that, even though the yellow chip uses black spots, that it would be cool as a black chip with pink spots. It does look pretty dark in the original photo of the chips.

Hey James, is the thickness of the outer ring on the 25mm inlay mold version the same as those rings on the LCV and SCV?

For some reason, to me, they seem to be thinner. I'm sure the ceramic would be way sturdier that clay but if that ring is too thin, it may created problems of chipping and flea bites (maybe, I don't know)...

TLTR: try and match the size and width of the outer right to the THC mold if it isn't matched already.

How's this look to you, Paulo? I wanted to do two concentric circles to more emulate the look of many Paulson chips.

vq5xq7Nl.png

More material removed in the mold design = less weight. Just sayin'. Don't want anybody to be surprised when they come out at 9g.

How's this look to you, Paulo? I wanted to do two concentric circles to more emulate the look of many Paulson chips.

vq5xq7Nl.png

I think it looks good James! I still want to take a picture of a THC and do some superposition to compare. Later on tonight hopefully.

Also, and it kinda goes with what Dave is saying, maybe the logos on the mold could be a touch smaller? I'm looking at the distance to the edges on the THC and it seems there is more room to breath.

I'll get back to you later with more thoughts man...

I think it looks good James! I still want to take a picture of a THC and do some superposition to compare. Later on tonight hopefully.

Also, and it kinda goes with what Dave is saying, maybe the logos on the mold could be a touch smaller? I'm looking at the distance to the edges on the THC and it seems there is more room to breath.

I'll get back to you later with more thoughts man...

I would really appreciate that, Paolo! Thank you!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom