Poll: 28mm or 25mm Recess? (1 Viewer)

28mm Recess or 25mm Recess?

• 28mm

• 25mm

Results are only viewable after voting.

MoscowRadio

Flush
Reaction score
Okay guys. I know that you all have seen a lot of questions about this Four Suits mold that I am trying to have made by Sunfly for their Polyclay line, and I do apologize for that. However, after hearing from a few people that they would rather see something a little closer to a THC mold instead of something resembling the RHC mold, I decided to make a mock-up with a 25mm recess and put it next to the 28mm mold and see what you all thought.

The advantages to making the 25mm recess mold will have a few advantages including a larger, more visible mold as well as more actual chip which means better stacking and less sliding.

One thing that I cannot stress enough is that I am not dead set on this mold. I only thought that it would be a good "all-around" mold to have available to the community for any custom projects that you may want to do. However, if we can all get together to do something different then I am completely up for that.

All that being said, I would love to hear your thoughts on the 25mm recessed mold versus the 28mm version. The "label" is just a placeholder.

Thank you all so much, and I hope you enjoy.

EygokZ0h.png

The reason for going with a 7/8” label is to emulate the THC mold for a couple of reasons. That label/mold size is very popular, the chips will have more of the face showing which means less sliding and more actual room for the mold to make it more visible.

The reason for going with a 7/8” label is to emulate the THC mold for a couple of reasons. That label/mold size is very popular, the chips will have more of the face showing which means less sliding and more actual room for the mold to make it more visible.
I thought the options were 28mm or 25mm recess sizes? I'm with 25.4mm/1 inch.

Hey James, is the thickness of the outer ring on the 25mm inlay mold version the same as those rings on the LCV and SCV?

For some reason, to me, they seem to be thinner. I'm sure the ceramic would be way sturdier that clay but if that ring is too thin, it may created problems of chipping and flea bites (maybe, I don't know)...

TLTR: try and match the size and width of the outer right to the THC mold if it isn't matched already.

Hey James, is the thickness of the outer ring on the 25mm inlay mold version the same as those rings on the LCV and SCV?

For some reason, to me, they seem to be thinner. I'm sure the ceramic would be way sturdier that clay but if that ring is too thin, it may created problems of chipping and flea bites (maybe, I don't know)...

TLTR: try and match the size and width of the outer right to the THC mold if it isn't matched already.

It’s not an exact match yet, but it will be. The mock-up is more to just give a generalized idea. I will have to find out exactly how far in the ring sits to get the right size.

Here is a mock-up I did for @Tommy inspired by the chips used in the Heads-Up Championship at Caesar's Palace. The label is only a placeholder for now.

Gm247KUh.png
Suggestions:
1. All the spots needs to slightly closer to the recess area
2. The chocolate T5000 and orange T10000 needs better contrasting edgespots
3. The orange T10000 must be T25000.

No, I mean there should never be a T2500 chip in ANY set.

@MoscowRadio these look great. Tweak the mold a little like @ChaosRock mentioned and I think this mold would be a great addition to SunFly's portfolio. If this moves forward, have SunFly send you the 3d renders of how they plan put this design into the ceramic. Might be more than one way to do it. (just lines vs lines & impressions) Have to see what looks better.

Will blanks be available? I'm in!

:sneaky:

head-up_poker_championship.jpg

Suggestions:
1. All the spots needs to slightly closer to the recess area
2. The chocolate T5000 and orange T10000 needs better contrasting edgespots
3. The orange T10000 must be T25000.

I agree on the first two, but I made the denominations that Tommy wanted as per the original chips.

I agree on the first two, but I made the denominations that Tommy wanted as per the original chips.

I didn't even know there was a T10K in the heads up tourney set. I have to check the pics again. If there is, it should be a T25K IMO too.

I like the larger inlay, so that's where I voted.

Edited to add - .... and then discovered I'm the only one.... (n) :thumbsdown:

Honestly, I like the larger inlay as well, but the smaller inlay leaves more room for the mold.

For me it's more about the feel/sound of the chip and the stackability, which generally improves with a smaller recess in my experience.

On second thought, maybe this is the reference?

Nice reference photo. (y) :thumbsup:

The T5 to T1K are nice. That T5K is a dud IMO. @MoscowRadio 's mockup version looks better. Could use the blue T1 as the T5K too. I'd drop the T10K denom. The T25K reminds me of the CP $5. :) The 100K is nice too.

I think that T5K base is Colon Orange and the T100K might be Charcoal. It looks lighter than the black spots on the T25K

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom