Tourney Poker tournament clock software (2 Viewers)

Interesting and valid point!
We are a small “club” so I thought that players that have less than 3 PLAYED games in a year (although I might bump that number up from this year based on last year’s stats) will not be counted in and be placed below the REGULARS into the CASUAL PLAYERS.

Unfortunately I don’t know how seasons work yet.
Yesterday I got an app the Pokerclubhouse that did seasons and stats but the UI/UX is a bit difficult to grasp.

I totally missed the "regulars" VS "casual players". That addresses my minor concern pretty well. And hopefully would drive players to want to be in that regular pool. It's like a "badge of honor" to be considered one of the regulars!

First of, I use tournament director and have been since mid-2000s. The support on the forum is unmatched, even by expensive professional software.

We run seasons, and since we only play about once a month, we have seasons of 6 or 9 tournaments. Another thing I do, is to have the middle third give 50% more points (than the first third) and 100% more for the last third. This means that everyone has a shot even on the last third. Winner gets 20% of the league prize, a free seat for the final table, and e.g. 17k chips. 2nd place gets a free seat and 15k chips, 3. -5. gets 12k chips and the rest gets 10k chips. Since we're only one table, the tourney lasts 3 hours max so people who bust has to wait for tourney to end before cash (as most people prefer). The final table lasts about 5-6 hours and usually no cash afterwards as people don't care to wait for cash to start up. Oh and the 80% remaining in the league prize is added to the prize pool.

If you are 1 table, that means everyone makes the final table, but instead of equal starting stacks, it's the stacks you described above? Does that mean the league season champ. is the one who wins the final table, or do you compile the stat.s of the season someway?

Pretty much. I operate with league winner which gets some cash, free seat and extra chips as an advantage on final table so yes, the final table winner is the season winner. That means that the occasional fish will win, or at least ends up ITM of the "bloated" FT price pool which they can live off (mentally) for a long while. I don't like rewarding (only) the best players when we have such a small group, as I'm focused on keeping the fish coming. That being said, the main reason people are coming to my games are to socialize and get plastered, but having fun in the process is important.

While I only run one table at the time, I might have more than 10 players in a season, but yeah the regulars are pretty much guaranteed a seat at the final table. I should also add that only top 2/3 of your tourneys count (if you participate in more than 2/3). That rewards regulars and non-regulars has a shot on winning the league as well, so a fair rule in my book. I think we've had 1 or 2 seasons where a regular didn't make it to the final table as there were 3 players fighting for the last 2 seats so it depends on the number of players in a season.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to quote you, @legonick

Pretty much. I operate with league winner which gets some cash, free seat and extra chips as an advantage on final table so yes, the final table winner is the season winner. That means that the occasional fish will win, or at least ends up ITM of the "bloated" FT price pool which they can live off (mentally) for a long while. I don't like rewarding (only) the best players when we have such a small group, as I'm focused on keeping the fish coming. That being said, the main reason people are coming to my games are to socialize and get plastered, but having fun in the process is important.

While I only run one table at the time, I might have more than 10 players in a season, but yeah the regulars are pretty much guaranteed a seat at the final table. I should also add that only top 2/3 of your tourneys count (if you participate in more than 2/3). That rewards regulars and non-regulars has a shot on winning the league as well, so a fair rule in my book. I think we've had 1 or 2 seasons where a regular didn't make it to the final table as there were 3 players fighting for the last 2 seats so it depends on the number of players in a season.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to quote you, @legonick

Cool, yeah, I'm shying away for officially league-ing up for the moment (well...once COVID-19 clears up that is), but you have some good mitigation strategies for the league "con list" ("too far behind" syndrome, etc.).

Can someone help me? I'm trying to add custom sounds to Blinds Up for the announcements. I'm using an Ipad (Gen9) and mirroring to my smart tv. Everything works fine I just can't add custom sound clips. Software keeps referring to my Sounds Library, but nothing ever comes up?

Has anyone been successful in adding custom sounds to Blinds Up software?

I might be the odd man out on this and may still be in the dinosaur age, but I've been using the DDPoker clock for a quite a few years now. The website finally closed in 2017, but you can still download the software. Creating and saving multiple versions of any tournament structure is very simple. The only reason I'd need a more updated poker clock is to accommodate the larger value poker chips that I just bought not too long ago. My poker chips replicate the main event final table with the $100k, $500k, $1 million, and $5 million chips. The blind levels won't go past $10,000,000 on the DDPoker clock.

These are my DDPoker clock tournament pictures. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• $10K $20K Tournament 2.JPG
    $10K $20K Tournament 2.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 44
  • November 9 Tournament 4.JPG
    November 9 Tournament 4.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 47
  • November 9 Tournament 3.JPG
    November 9 Tournament 3.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 37
  • November 9 Tournament 2 - Break.JPG
    November 9 Tournament 2 - Break.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 44
  • November 9 Tournament 1.JPG
    November 9 Tournament 1.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 41
  • $10K $20K Tournament 3.JPG
    $10K $20K Tournament 3.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 45
Does anybody know if the Tournament Director software can support very high blind structures with this format that I attached?

1691512751013.png

Any input would be appreciated.

These are the chips I have available for the high Blind/Ante tournament structure. The DDPoker software I have been using does not allow Antes of $1,000,000. I need to find an alternate poker clock software now.

DSC07074.JPG

LOL...great minds think alike. I was just doing the same thing. Guess I should have scrolled down a little more.

There is also a setting I have used depending on my layout that will abbreviate the numbers, so 100K/200K instead of 100,000/200,000, or in this screenshot it would be Blinds: 10M/20M Ante: 3M

I have used it when the screen I was projecting on was smaller and I was using a bigger font so that the blinds could be seen

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom