Poker Topper Mats (2 Viewers)

Poker Topper Mat Shape and PCF Logo Placement?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
For those who have one of the roll up mats, how thick are they? 5-6mm, 1/4" ? Too thin?
For the most part the L x W is 35.5 x 70.5 from what I've seen.

My CT topper is thicker than most of the cheaper ones sold these days, I believe. CT version is 1/4" including the fabric on top; somewhere between that and 1/8" for the newer ones (likely a metric measurement, 4mm).

I use a sheet of 1/4" Happy Bottom pool liner under mine to give it extra cushion. Cut to exact size, and it rolls up with the topper and gets stored in a camper chair pouch.

A 1/4" pad would be plenty thick enough for me. A 2mm pad might be thick enough - we use that for a surface on our general gaming table and it works just fine for us so far; a 3mm pad would definitely be thick enough for my purposes. YMMV.

1/4 would be ideal then?

Any issues with the fabric fraying or separating from the bottom part on the edges?

1/4" works well. Biggest issue is that cards are tougher to pick up, because neoprene doesn't indent as much as other foam types. Thicker is better. No complaints from the players after I started adding the underlayer (actually, the dealers complained more than the players).

Any issues with the fabric fraying or separating from the bottom part on the edges?
Not with either of mine (both are CT versions), and I've had 'em for years. Another guy has one of the newer ones (green with betting line), and it seems to be holding up well.

A 1/4" pad would be plenty thick enough for me. A 2mm pad might be thick enough - we use that for a surface on our general gaming table and it works just fine for us so far; a 3mm pad would definitely be thick enough for my purposes. YMMV.

+1

My first topper was a PokerHoody which is 3mm thick. I see they now also have a 2mm variant.

The 3mm seems like plenty... when stretched over the table it is enough thickness to press in and lift up cards, but not so thick that it's "squishy." If that makes sense.

I have a neoprene topper for 60” round tables that someone was making and selling on CT. I also added a 1/4” sheet of elastomeric rubber under it and it works perfectly. Cards are very easy to pick and the chips stack fine.

The topper by itself worked okay, but the extra layer of rubber really makes it nice.

Maybe 5/16 (or 8mm) would be the sweet spot then.

2017-12-28_18-05-30.png

While I've used the topper occasionally straight on the table, I normally have it sitting on top of a neoprene pad that is 3MM, so about 1/4" between the two. Nice padded surface; easy to pick up cards or chips from. I wish the toppers came in a bigger size as mine are on an 82" and 94" tables, so they aren't long enough.

I have two of the CT oval toppers and one round neoprene topper. The CT toppers are a little bit thicker. Both have been durable and functional.

Looked into making these a while back but several factors made me shy away from it. 3/16" might be the ideal thickness and neoprene is likely the best padding since it rolls out nice and doesn't retain it's curl. The downside of neoprene is that it's really hard to find any that's >80 long. If it is, it usually has a hard seam through it. It doesn't affect play but isn't great that it's there.

T Chan, I ordered 2 neoprene pads that are about 48" wide and one is around 92" and the other around 80". You could order them longer, and they come in several colors. I just lay them out and put a topper on top of them.

i used one of my CT toppers on my stud table which means the racetrack runs in to the cushion on the ends. always had it over the cheap cloth it came w/ & whatever padding is under that ~which makes it too soft. sure would like to find something like that topper only thicker which fits the stud table well to replace the whole surface from the wood up. seems like a little wider than the CT topper would also be better?

For those who have one of the roll up mats, how thick are they? 5-6mm, 1/4" ? Too thin?
Measured mine last night - it's 3mm or 1/8 inch. Although it's pretty dense - maybe it's the neoprene version, seems pretty high quality. I don't use it too often but it rolls up and unrolls nicely. A little more thickness might be nice for playability, to give more cushion when peeking at hole cards, but on the downside if it was thicker, it would be heavier and thicker when rolled up.

I think 2 stacked would be much better than just one on a wood table, but even one is far better than wood. Two makes enough padding to be very comfortable. That's why I bought neoprene pads for underneath.

Mine comes in at 3/32" thick

Thickness.jpg

Dyed graphics still sharp, no fraying at the edges, purchased Nov '09, but infrequently used.

Graphic.jpg

Only drawback is the bet line is slightly off-center. Not enough to matter.

So when will the PCF version be available?? (y) :thumbsup:

:) 48" Rounds, too, please! :)

Maybe they were made in different batches, but my CT topper's graphics started peeling off after a few sessions.

Got the package. They sent me a standard thickness mat and a catalog of different options available.
I was on my way out the door when it came so here are some quick pics that I took.

20180105_120528.jpg
20180105_120618.jpg
20180105_120632.jpg

Companies they have done work for.
IMG_20180105_125757.jpg
IMG_20180105_125855.jpg
IMG_20180105_125936.jpg
IMG_20180105_130014.jpg

The banding on the edges is nice, will cut down on separation. (y) :thumbsup:

The rectangle would work better for most dinning tables than the oval. But hopefully not with the "flop, turn, river" card outlines. :eek:

Thickness, sublimation printing, hemmed border. Looks promising!

Although, only your picture shows a hemmed border...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom