Poker Table cup holders (1 Viewer)

Where is the best location for cup holders?

• On the rail

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • On the race track

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • On a separate tray table

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Using a slide under cup holder on the playing surface

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Pivot cup holder, or slide out under the tabke

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have drink carts now and in the process of removing cup holders from the rail. Everyone is careful with spills until they're not. Don't need that mess on the table, chips, cards, etc.

"Where is the best location for cup holders?" followed by "What is everyone doing for cup holders for a Poker room?" are two different questions. Where I have cupholders on my table is different than where I think the best location is, making this polled skewed. I voted best location since that is the title.

"Where is the best location for cup holders?" followed by "What is everyone doing for cup holders for a Poker room?" are two different questions. Where I have cupholders on my table is different than where I think the best location is, making this polled skewed. I voted best location since that is the title.

I have my cup holders in the racetrack, but I voted for the rail. It appears to be the popular choice. I was contemplating moving my cup holders to the rail.

I have many friends that just don't care about what things cost, ex: Chips, and I want to invest in a GG table and wondering if I should get a table without cup holders. We have had a couple of accidents on the felt already (not my table) and cannot imagine one of these idiots spilling a drink on my new table. Wish there was a slide out solution I can buy because I would do that in a heartbeat. There is not enough space in my garage for trays, which I would prefer so I don't have to worry about the dealer tipping over his corona bottle!

We have had a couple of accidents on the felt already (not my table) and cannot imagine one of these idiots spilling a drink on my new table.
Ask yourself what kind of cupholders (if any) were in use when drinks were spilled. Some cheaper tables have shallow cupholders that are practically useless. But the deeper ones are practically spill proof.
Get deep cupholders, live life, and keep a roll of paper towels within reach just in case.

Ask yourself what kind of cupholders (if any) were in use when drinks were spilled. Some cheaper tables have shallow cupholders that are practically useless. But the deeper ones are practically spill proof.
Get deep cupholders, live life, and keep a roll of paper towels within reach just in case.
I agree. I have the deep cup holders in the racetrack and never had a spill and most use tall beer glasses.

I agree 100%,. I did invest in a barrington table because I like the idea of having different types of toppers to change things up. However the cup holders will not work because to your point they’re shallow. I’ve procrastinated changing the cup holders out but would love to change them soon. I also found out that I could add these brass cup holders temporarily which won’t tip over a narrow bottle. But then there are those that bring modelos (wide bottom), not sure if the built in holders will work with modelos. I should buy a case for science and find out. :D

1679505297233.png

1679505427375.png

I voted for side tables, but that is only if you are lucky enough to have plenty of room around the table. If you have less room around the table, I would go with cup holders in the rail.

I voted for side tables, but that is only if you are lucky enough to have plenty of room around the table. If you have less room around the table, I would go with cup holders in the rail.
Side table all the way for me. Ain’t no way in Hades I’m letting my group of degenerates have drinks anywhere near my table/chips.
Side table guys, I have to ask if you have cupholders in the side tables. And are they solid carts or those fold out tables we all have at home? It’s not just a murphy’s law thing - if a table can be kicked over, it eventually will be - but it’s also just my experience: I’ve seen more spills with side tables around poker tables than I have at tables with proper cup holders.

Side table guys, I have to ask if you have cupholders in the side tables. And are they solid carts or those fold out tables we all have at home? It’s not just a murphy’s law thing - if a table can be kicked over, it eventually will be - but it’s also just my experience: I’ve seen more spills with side tables around poker tables than I have at tables with proper cup holders.
I have deep, jumbo cup holders in my side tables and all tables have casters. They will be on concrete in both locations that we play so hopefully they roll smoothly instead of getting knocked over. We'll have an update after Saturday lol

For those that are in the majority thus far in the poll, does the cup holder on the rail sit in the middle facing the player, or on the right side?

For those that are in the majority thus far in the poll, does the cup holder on the rail sit in the middle facing the player, or on the right side?
I think it’s best centered in the middle of the player, but “anywhere within reach” is a very close second.

I think it’s best centered in the middle of the player, but “anywhere within reach” is a very close second.
The reason I asked is I have the cup holders on my race track on the right side of the player, so there is a bigger area for chips on the racetrack. I think when I move them to the rail, I will center them to the player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom