For Sale Poker Room Decor, Part 1: 1995 Warner Brothers, Batman The Animated Series hand painted film cel titled "Almost Got 'Im (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
A friend of mine asked me to help him list this here. From the seller:

"1995 Warner Brothers, Batman The Animated Series hand painted film cel titled "Almost Got 'Im". It is piece number 490 in an edition of 500 and includes a certificate of authenticity.

This limited edition cel was created to capture a group of Gotham's villians in one special scene. Created in 1995 at the famed Warner Bros. animation studio, the original drawing was hand-inked and the master ink line was transferred to a clear acetate sheet utilizing the serigraph screen printing process. These lines were augmented with "self color" lines, which were hand-inked on the front of the cel to help create the trademark shadows on the characters. In traditional animation style, the cels were then expertly hand-painted on the reverse side. The dark, mood-setting background was reproduced using the lithography process. Each piece is hand-numbered and printed with the Warner Bros. seal of authenticity.

The cel was custom framed in a purple/black wooden frame and doubled matted with a purple plush outer board and green inner board. The glass is non-glare UV museum grade. The frame measures 25 inches wide and 20 inches tall. The photos don't do the cel justice. It is very vibrant and the colors really pop. It has a 3D look to it.

There is a minor crease in the background of the cel, just to the right of the hanging lamp, (see photo). It measures approximately 2 inches. You can see it at wide angles in direct light. I've had it displayed on a wall under a picture light for many years and have never noticed it. Unfortunately the crease came with the cel when I purchased it.

It is a really, really cool wall piece to display in a poker playing area. Top notch in my opinion!

Shipping this piece is very expensive. A custom box and packing materials has to be constructed for it. I've included shipping plus insurance in my asking price to the lower 48 states. Additional shipping costs may apply. I will ship international but the buyer will be responsible for any costs over my asking price.

Asking price is $1,200."

AGI_01.jpg
AGI_02.jpg
AGI_03.jpg
AGI_04.jpg
AGI_05.jpg

This item is not in my wheelhouse, so if you have any questions, let me know and I'll get answers for you. I have seen this piece displayed and it is spectacular. I will also say I've never noticed the crease referenced above, and I usually pay attention to minor details like that.

The seller is a friend of mine that I've known for 15 years. I will personally vouch for him. He asked me to post this for him because I waste alot of time on this site I'm well-known around here.

I will accept Paypal F&F for the seller. Other cash-based arrangements may be possible, just ask.

Edit: Seller Will nf to accept offers. Shipping waived for local pickup (southeastern Michigan area).

Last edited:
Let me also add that the seller suffers/benefits from an extreme case of OCD. I remember when he bought this piece, and him explaining it in detail, including the framing process (he bought it unframed and had the framing made).

I mention this because I know alot of thought went into the framing and I expect it to be top-notch and first class.

Again, I don't know much about the piece, but the eBay ad does say there are minor defects with the plexiglass...the one offered here was professionally double-matted and uses museum quality glass.

I've seen what UV and flourescent light does to autographs. Museum quality glass keeps the colors from fading.

Again, I don't know much about the piece, but the eBay ad does say there are minor defects with the plexiglass...the one offered here was professionally double-matted and uses museum quality glass.

I've seen what UV and flourescent light does to autographs. Museum quality glass keeps the colors from fading.
I can back up the museum quality glass, I sold art for awhile and it makes a world of a difference over the long haul.

The seller is also a friend of mine, I'm sad to see it go. Unfortunately he is kinda getting out of poker hosting. He is an incredible host with a really cool basement to play poker in. His attention to detail (OCD) is really like no other I've hung out with. He does not do things half-assed and this piece reflects that.

He actually gave me a really cool framed pic of KGB from Rounders for my basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom