Interest Poker Go tournament chips - CANCELED (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, for this type of chips you should use HB001 if you go 39mm.
Interesting. Why HB001? I was designing for HB002 because the proportions are closer to the real chips:

1675991796876.png

Top row 2nd and 4th have my design w/28.4mm centers to match the sticker area of the HB002.

Bottom row 2nd and 4th have my design w/25.4mm centers to match the sticker area of the HB001. The sticker area would be much smaller than the real chips with HB001.

Last edited:
Interesting. Why HB001? I was designing for HB002 because the proportions are closer to the real chips:

View attachment 1075405

Top row 2nd and 4th have my design w/28.4mm centers to match the sticker area of the HB002.

Bottom row 2nd and 4th have my design w/25.4mm centers to match the sticker area of the HB001. The sticker area would be much smaller than the real chips with HB001.
I prefer the HB002

I prefer the HB002
I tend to agree. When I was originally designing, I settled on 26.9mm, thinking that was a good ratio of "inlay" area to the rest of the chip. This was before the Sun-Fly discussions, but 26.9mm happens to be the average of the two sticker sizes on the PolyInnos (25.4mm and 28.4mm).

If 26.9mm was an option with Sun-Fly hybrids, I'd go with that, to show off more of the chip color, but since it's not, I think HB002 is the better choice. (I may still offer with 26.9mm through Tina if I can make the designs available through multiple vendors.)

Yeah, I just measure a photo on my phone in mm's lol. I got a ratio 1.4, chip/inlay and the 002 option was close.

For feeling. The HB001 have more ceramic material and would feel and stack much better imho.
Visually, HB002 would be closer to the original indeed.
I made both variant and then he decided on HB001.

For feeling. The HB001 have more ceramic material and would feel and stack much better imho.
Visually, HB002 would be closer to the original indeed.
I made both variant and then he decided on HB001.
Appreciate your real-world experience/advice! I definitely like having more ceramic material, especially since the sticker background is white and there isn't a lot of color on it (for these designs).

Do you have any pictures of HB001 and HB002 chips side-by-side for comparison?

Appreciate your real-world experience/advice! I definitely like having more ceramic material, especially since the sticker background is white and there isn't a lot of color on it (for these designs).

Do you have any pictures of HB001 and HB002 chips side-by-side for comparison?

Yes I think so.
Will post later today.

For a 125k

500/1k/5k/25k 6/12/12/2 felt like the minimum working stack without the needs to keep making changes

& For a 200k

500/1k/5k/25k 6/12/12/5
Just took this photo from Rampages vlog. This is a 125k starting stack. 20,20,10

I am just voicing my opinion on what I felt a minimum working stack will be like, and not indicating how many is the starting stack for that event

That are other considerations for television event, most organisations like to give out high quality of chips stack so that the feature table people have lot of chips which will look nicer

However truth is for a large duration of a multi day nicely designed blind structure event - the average stack is usually around 50-60 BB

A TV event stack might be 10/20/20 and for every rebuy as well but an off TV event could jolly well be 4/13/12/2 and any rebuy or late entry in 5 x 25k chips

I do appreciate the extra information on the starting stack at 10/20/20

I am just voicing my opinion on what I felt a minimum working stack will be like, and not indicating how many is the starting stack for that event

That are other considerations for television event, most organisations like to give out high quality of chips stack so that the feature table people have lot of chips which will look nicer

However truth is for a large duration of a multi day nicely designed blind structure event - the average stack is usually around 50-60 BB

A TV event stack might be 10/20/20 and for every rebuy as well but an off TV event could jolly well be 4/13/12/2 and any rebuy or late entry in 5 x 25k chips

I do appreciate the extra information on the starting stack at 10/20/20
Yeah I just happened to be watching and thought I would share. Those are a lot of chips to start with, you would need like 1500 chips just to have a couple table home game with those numbers. Crazy!

Yeah I just happened to be watching and thought I would share. Those are a lot of chips to start with, you would need like 1500 chips just to have a couple table home game with those numbers. Crazy!
Yes agreed with the larger starting chip requirements, that being say a T500 tourney with the denominations progression of 500/1k/5k/10 or 25k is hardly the most efficient too

Yes agreed with the larger starting chip requirements, that being say a T500 tourney with the denominations progression of 500/1k/5k/10 or 25k is hardly the most efficient too
It does make it easier for chipping up.

After thinking, for T500 tourney 10/10/7/x might be the right way to go especially for tourney with BBA so a STT is going to require around 400 chips and MTT will be around 1200 for 3 table which is still reasonable number

sunflymixed1-jpg.517169

When you provide your design to them, better to tell them the CC codes explicitely.

1675799453227.png

On the left are my original colors (I tried to match from photos posted in this thread and elsewhere, and then chose "round" CMYK values for each color).

On the right side is the Sun-Fly "approved" colors, using the color sample chips @Kid_Eastwood posted (I did white balance the image against the white part of the upper-left chip in the picture) using the CMYK values printed on the color sample chips.

I first matched against the color sample chips picture and then then tested the CMYK values out. Some really didn't look like the colors on the sample chips. T500's base is obviously quite a bit lighter w/the closest Sun-Fly CMYK value, and T25K's base just doesn't have a great match (this was the best of the 3 closest candidate)...

Last edited:
View attachment 1075524

On the left are my original colors (I tried to match from photos posted in this thread and elsewhere, and then chose "round" CMYK values for each color).

On the right side is the Sun-Fly "approved" colors, using the color sample chips @Kid_Eastwood posted (I did white balance the image against the white part of the upper-left chip in the picture) using the CMYK values printed on the color sample chips.

I first matched against the color sample chips picture and then then tested the CMYK values out. Some really didn't look like the colors on the sample chips. T500's base is obviously quite a bit lighter w/the closest Sun-Fly CMYK value, and T25K's base just doesn't have a great match (this was the best of the 3 closest candidate)...
25 - no great option as you said....
100 - looks good
500 - blue is good, spot could use a bit more orange, maybe CC40
1K - looks good
5K - blue is good. Try CC31 for the spot.
25K - CC28 and CC18
100K - looks good

Maybe try CC31 for the spot on the 5K.

Attachments

• 20230207_173744.jpg
    20230207_173744.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 71
Received prototype pics of the set already! Wow, I'm actually happy with everything except the primary 1K color. What do you all think?

View attachment 1076061
1k is totally off need a much brighter red, 500 need to be at a way lighter shade, 5k is pretty spot on for me. 25k need to adjust the colour too at a darker shade

Comparing to the actual colour
07BB7992-3133-4704-840F-F4CF5005C6AE.jpeg
75E3FEEE-BD04-4334-920B-EE22651BAC2C.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow that's impressive! They look great!

My only comment is I'm not a huge fan of the $100 chip. It looks more yellow than beige, but maybe I'm just being picky.

I'm still sold though, nice work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom