Poker classes (1 Viewer)

I personally haven't used these sites but generally you can't go wrong with courses from Galfond, Polk, Little (e.g. Run it once, Upswing, Pokercoaching).

If you're a little bit more advanced (say playing 5/10 and up), I have heard some people say that Little's stuff is a little outdated, but if you're playing less than 100NL online or 1/3 live I wouldn't stress too much about it. I would go with the cheapest one.

Might have to check out one of these classes. A bit rusty after not playing for a few years.

Live low-mid stakes Crushlivepoker content is great. Also Jonathan Little’s stuff for low stakes is killer for fundamentals

What level are you and what are you looking for? Live 1:1 coaching or pre-recorded video content?
I paid for "From the Ground Up" by Pete Clarke on Run It Once. It was a set of videos and it was good value for money.

https://www.runitonce.com/courses/from-the-ground-up/

You can watch the first two video for free at that link.
I am currently taking this course and would also endorse it as an excellent value for the money. It’s given me new things to think about, and new ways to think about things I thought I knew.

I paid for 1 year of Jonathan little’s pokercoaching.com. It’s a lot of videos, but I’ve learned a lot in the short time I’ve had to watch them.
any omaha or mixed game stuff on there? all NLH?

Looks like a hungover recording to me hahahah

Screenshot 2023-01-25 22.02.02.png

Instead of starting a new thread... I was using GTOWizard for a few months to run hands but was finding that while I was getting a stronger understanding of ranges, the teaching content was mostly discussions about how to use their tools or specific heuristics/ranges. I feel like it's great for hand and session review plus the trainer was pretty great. Now I'm using pokercoaching.com. The tournament masterclass seems like it's good for the novice through the players who have even some strong understandings of how to play a tournament. I assume the cash game is similar in that sense. I've done the "quizzes" and they are OK but I don't know how much I am learning as much as I am reaffirming what I know.

I have only been on here for a few days, but so far the best thing they offer (and what I feel makes the investment worth it) is their "clear the charts" app. If you haven't seen it, it is way to help you get an understanding of various preflop charts through a little minigame. You choose a game type (cash or tourney), blind depth, seat position and scenario. Then you are presented with a hand and options. Depending on the scenario you are given an option to fold, raise, 3B, 4B, call, etc. You have to clear a chart to unlock the next scenario for the game type/blind depth/seat position you want to study. You get 5 misses before you have to start over.

So far for me, this has been the most useful poker coaching tool I have used. There's no way I will end up memorizing every scenario's solution but it will deepen my understanding of how "loose" GTO lets me get in scenarios in which I will find myself throughout a tournament.

I have never paid for any coaching, but if I was going to recommend anyone based on their YouTube content, it would be Pete Clarke at Carrot Poker School (Carrot Corner on YouTube). Most of his stuff is going to be online oriented, but he is one of the few that I think uses solvers to help with your baseline, then explains when, how, and why you want to ignore that in a lot of spots. Which helps it apply to live a bit more.

I've been playing for 20 years, and I don't think paying for training is necessary to beat up to 2/5. If you watch enough of the free content on YouTube, I think you can start to get an idea of decent baseline play. But your mileage may vary as I def think some people have an inmate ability to extrapolate the ideas into broader strategies.

I honestly have no idea how I'd ever explain strategy to someone from the ground up though. So much of what you need to learn is interconnected.

I have never paid for any coaching, but if I was going to recommend anyone based on their YouTube content, it would be Pete Clarke at Carrot Poker School (Carrot Corner on YouTube). Most of his stuff is going to be online oriented, but he is one of the few that I think uses solvers to help with your baseline, then explains when, how, and why you want to ignore that in a lot of spots. Which helps it apply to live a bit more.

I've been playing for 20 years, and I don't think paying for training is necessary to beat up to 2/5. If you watch enough of the free content on YouTube, I think you can start to get an idea of decent baseline play. But your mileage may vary as I def think some people have an inmate ability to extrapolate the ideas into broader strategies.

I honestly have no idea how I'd ever explain strategy to someone from the ground up though. So much of what you need to learn is interconnected.
Sounds a lot like JonathanLittle’s content too. I’ve been playing for about 20 years as well but the way his crew breaks down the modern poker theories and math used by good poker players today has been a huge help.

I consumed a lot of YouTube content before diving into these coaching websites. I have probably spent close to 1k in books over two decades, so it was easy to justify a few hundred to try these sites out.

Instead of starting a new thread... I was using GTOWizard for a few months to run hands but was finding that while I was getting a stronger understanding of ranges, the teaching content was mostly discussions about how to use their tools or specific heuristics/ranges. I feel like it's great for hand and session review plus the trainer was pretty great. Now I'm using pokercoaching.com. The tournament masterclass seems like it's good for the novice through the players who have even some strong understandings of how to play a tournament. I assume the cash game is similar in that sense. I've done the "quizzes" and they are OK but I don't know how much I am learning as much as I am reaffirming what I know.

I have only been on here for a few days, but so far the best thing they offer (and what I feel makes the investment worth it) is their "clear the charts" app. If you haven't seen it, it is way to help you get an understanding of various preflop charts through a little minigame. You choose a game type (cash or tourney), blind depth, seat position and scenario. Then you are presented with a hand and options. Depending on the scenario you are given an option to fold, raise, 3B, 4B, call, etc. You have to clear a chart to unlock the next scenario for the game type/blind depth/seat position you want to study. You get 5 misses before you have to start over.

So far for me, this has been the most useful poker coaching tool I have used. There's no way I will end up memorizing every scenario's solution but it will deepen my understanding of how "loose" GTO lets me get in scenarios in which I will find myself throughout a tournament.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the other sites, but pokercoaching.com also runs promotions where you get free access to the premium subscription for some limited amount of time. He did 5 days free maybe about a month ago and I thought the advanced training courses were pretty good. I'm not an advanced player though, so take that with a grain of salt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom