Poker Chips in Movies – The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1 Viewer)

I'm not a fan of the slow roll. The movie Maverick tought me this many years ago. That being said I've never had quad 8's but when I do I can't wait to quote the Commodore: "I have 2 small pair. Eights & Eights.
They stole that line from Bugs Bunny. :D

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the slow roll. The movie Maverick tought me this many years ago. That being said I've never had quad 8's but when I do I can't wait to quote the Commodore: "I have 2 small pair. Eights & Eights."
Haha never do this.

20 years ago I pulled it playing 3-6 limit. At the end we essentially got it all in (unlimited raises heads up) and I pulled the “I have two pair. Pair of 2s and pair of 2s.”

Player turned over quad 3s.

Board was 2-2-3-3-X.

Haha oooof! Second worse bad beat of my life.

Haha never do this.

20 years ago I pulled it playing 3-6 limit. At the end we essentially got it all in (unlimited raises heads up) and I pulled the “I have two pair. Pair of 2s and pair of 2s.”

Player turned over quad 3s.

Board was 2-2-3-3-X.

Haha oooof! Second worse bad beat of my life.
All right, are you gonna tell us the worst beat now or do we have to wait an unspecified period of time?

All right, are you gonna tell us the worst beat now or do we have to wait an unspecified period of time?
Another 15 years ago…

WSOP satellite. $11k package. Top 3 win.

Down to 4.

3 of us have less than 10bb. It’s a fold nit fest to win a seat.

Chip leader has about 100bb.

I get JJ. All in preflop.

Chip leader calls with Q rag.

Board comes A A K K X

Queen high wins lol.

I just watched the Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar, Had some nice HHR's in the blackjack scene.
You can say that again

OT6906t.jpg

I can't believe anyone does! I've never seen anything like it!
There are a couple of nice aspects about TCB
  • You can follow a conversation by clicking along a string. Preventing thread derailment is as easy as not following that string (or the mods taking that string out).
  • You can read all relevant posts in a informational thread by only clicking on the posts from participants that have the actual knowledge. For example, in the Henry Sugar thread @BiGGyT linked to, you can just click the posts made by David Spragg and see all the inside information he posted about the movie making and the chips, without scrolling past a page and a half of posts that say "Wow, very nice"
Sure, on the outset it looks like crap. It has no pretty Façade. Underneath, it is Linux - a useful operating system without the bloat. It is a discheveld study with books piled everywhere, but the owner knows exactly which book is in which pile.

It is crap on the eyes, but it is a thing of beauty for the mind.

Last edited:
There are a couple of nice aspects about TCB
  • You can follow a conversation by slicking along a string. Preventing thread derailment is as easy as not following that string (or the mods taking that string out).
  • You can read all relevant posts in a informational thread by only clicking on the posts from participants that have the actual knowledge. For example, in the Henry Sugar thread @BiGGyT linked to, you can just click the posts made by David Spragg and see all the inside information he posted about the movie making and the chips, without scrolling past a page and a half of posts that say "Wow, very nice"
Sure, on the outset it looks like crap. It has no pretty Façade. Underneath, it is Linux - a useful operating system without the bloat. It is a discheveld study with books piled everywhere, but the owner knows exactly which book is in which pile.

It is crap on the eyes, but it is a thing of beauty for the mind.
Ty, that actually really helps me "Get it"!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom