Poker chip? Or the table? (1 Viewer)

Frozi

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a set of Cash Club poker chips. I also have the barrington 7 foot table. I find chips are always falling over with stacks of 20. Could it be the chips not being true clay, so the weight is off? Or is it the table?

What are the cash club chips? Pictures would help, but its usually the chips. Maybe the table isn't as stable as it should be, but chips spilling over is all about the lack of friction between them or some deformation, where some chips aren't flat and cause them all to tilt.

If it’s happening with a table full of guys leaning their weight on the rail, that’s usually enough to keep any table fairly stable. So I’d guess chips. Cheaper chips like that aren’t made to very exacting standards - if they’re not perfectly flat, sticks will wobble.

1710959743542.png

So the table is the first thing I would look at. Does it wobble? Do the stacks fall when people bump it. My fold up Barrington weights almost 100 pounds and is very sturdy.

Next I would look at the chips. Do they stack flat? Or are there some spinners? Take a stack and rotate it slowly from the bottom chips. Do they spin evenly together? Or do some chips keep spinning when you stop?

So the table is the first thing I would look at. Does it wobble? Do the stacks fall when people bump it. My fold up Barrington weights almost 100 pounds and is very sturdy.

Next I would look at the chips. Do they stack flat? Or are there some spinners? Take a stack and rotate it slowly from the bottom chips. Do they spin evenly together? Or do some chips keep spinning when you stop?
The chips spin together. My table is a barrington table as well. Im thinking maybe the felt is just loose... or the underpad is too soft. I might try one of those custom toppers for it.

The chips spin together. My table is a barrington table as well. Im thinking maybe the felt is just loose... or the underpad is too soft. I might try one of those custom toppers for it.
I can tell you that the cloth they use on the Barrington is not good. Cards don’t slide, and pushing stacks doesn’t go well. I ordered a toooer that should be here next week. It should improve the slide factor, as well as add more cushioning.

I can tell you that the cloth they use on the Barrington is not good. Cards don’t slide, and pushing stacks doesn’t go well. I ordered a toooer that should be here next week. It should improve the slide factor, as well as add more cushioning.
i'm contemplating either changing the underpad to 1/4 volara and put a speed cloth on it. Or just get a topper. Topper seems easier.

Those were my 1st chips for my table. For cheap plastic chips, I did like them and they did stack decently on my wooden racetrack.
I upgraded somewhat to Tina textured no mold chips.

Attachments

• 20230416_180239.jpg
    20230416_180239.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230416_180158.jpg
    20230416_180158.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 50
Those were my 1st chips for my table. For cheap plastic chips, I did like them and they did stack decently on my wooden racetrack.
I upgraded somewhat to Tina textured no mold chips.
Honestly, those yellow bearclaws look nice. Not a fan of the mold but the chip colors really pop

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom