Poker After Dark, Worldroom (1 Viewer)

What's next for a fav pastime?

• Total voters

Xurtan

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi guys,

These chips were produced in Sep 2014. Been awhile and my itchy fingers are looking to either extend the set (for all need moar chips) or start designing a cash/secondary set.....
i need a doctor, or advice from like minded souls that just can't stop chipping.

#pics of current set added

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 371
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 371
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 373
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 344
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
You expect this group to talk you off the ledge from buying more chips?????

more importantly, you expect to post this and NOT pr0n of the set you're contemplating adding onto? get with it...

more importantly, you expect to post this and NOT pr0n of the set you're contemplating adding onto? get with it...

Lol I literally looked straight up at my calendar and saw the set. (It's January)

You expect this group to talk you off the ledge from buying more chips?????

Judging by his poll, he's not... he's asking for help deciding how, exactly, to buy more chips!

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Googling "Poker After Dark, Worldroom" finds good pr0n right away. Lovely set, Xurtan, and I appreciate that you went with non-standard colors for so many denoms.

Do both, expand tourney set and do a cash set. Glad I could help. [emoji1]

Which do you play more?

Cash set for sure. Regardless of what you choose, though, consider trying a black background on the inlay instead of white? Would seem to follow the theme of the club title.

Black labels sounds good.

My issue with cash sets is that they restrict you to a blind structure. Maybe a high roller set...

Can't seem to squeeze anymore unique inlay/color theme out of the CPC colors that appeals to me..
I so want a bright white chip...

Cash sets don't restrict you to a certain blind structure, unless you restrict yourself to the idea that your big blind must be two of a given denomination.

You can play 1/2 and 2/4 and 3/6 with bright white checks - you don't need $2 checks and $3 checks. Even 4/8 are both four-check stacks - four bright white for the small, three bright white and a red for the big. You don't need a $4 check.

To me, those chips only really make sense in a card room where that table is going to be playing those exact stakes for sixty minutes an hour for 16 hours straight every day, and where you want to keep unnecessary stacks off the table.

Likewise playing 10/20 with $5 checks - you don't have to get $10 checks. You just need need enough chips in the ranges you want to play; you're not at all restricted within that range. And the ranges are pretty broad - I don't feel you ever need more than 200 chips of a given denom for a 10-person cash table. If you get 200 each of quarters through $25s, you're covering a wide, wide range of stakes without even pulling your hundos into play (and you only need to add nickels to cover micro stakes, too.)

This is one of the nicest sets I have seen. The 5000 chip is my dream chip and often think about selling all my chips to make a limit set with that color and exact insert combination. If you want a bright whit go for it. I would love to see what you design

I just picked out this set to admire the quality of CPC "handmade" chips again. These beauties stack like the pyramids. While chip stack thickness vary slightly (66.7mm - 67.0mm) . NONE of the chips have seen warping problems.

I'm more biased towards monster stacking(maybe 400-800 more) this current set. Really like how the edgespots turn out on racks.
On the storage end, I designed my 4 drawers to accommodate 5 columns of 4 racks. Am really looking at filling 1 full drawer with this set. (800 now)

And maybe wait out till new colors are available at CPC for the cash set. I'm a Cali color chipper so the remaining CPC colors seem a tit too dark/dull for me to put together a different yet vibrant set.

For those of your reading this, please get your customs made while JimB is at it. I for one, truly admires the quality of the chips CPC churns out. Definitely going to make a top up buy this quarter and work towards 2k this year. That's a boat load of money I have to stash away...

thanks for all the advice guys!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom