Tourney PLO Tournament Structure? (1 Viewer)

MisterD

Waiting List
Reaction score
Gang,

I run some weekly cash games (NLHE and PLO) and a NLHE Tournament and some players are requesting a PLO Tournament. I have never played in one (or even seen one) and I am having trouble finding example of structures online. Can anyone share any experience?

For the sake of comparison, our NLHE tournament is a $100 buy-in for 20K in chips. We play a BB-ante structure and start at 100/100/0 with 15-minute levels. We allow unlimited rebuys until the start of Level 7 and have a one-time add-on at that point as well. We start at 9 pm and are always done before 2 am... even with a group where the number of buy-ins is always more than twice the number of players.

Someone suggested that we use the same structure but I am worried that, because PLO has a slower pace of play, the tournament will last much too long.

Thoughts?

The blind increases are still going to force the action regardless of how many hands per level are played.

But I don't know if I would speculate if there is a rule of thumb as to how big the blinds would be compared to chips in play to force the end of the tournament. The rule of thumb for hold'em that a lot of PCF posters use is 20 blinds in play.

But I don't think PLO would be that different.

PLO plays slower just the sheer fact of pitching 4 cards. We gone away from full ring plo to only 6 max.

Also plo plays almost faster as the hands usually play themselves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom