Played the Rock Straddle on Friday (1 Viewer)

merkong

Flush
Reaction score
The Godfather Club played the Rock Straddle on Friday night and it went very well.

My usual twice weekly game (.25/.25/$25 buyin) is scaling down ever so slightly for the next month or so to 4-6x a month. I figured keep it exclusive and minimize competing with weddings, barbecues, and peoples cabin/vacation plans.

So this past Friday I implemented the Rock Straddle just for a little change of pace; a .50 chip that the house donated and threw in the first pot. The possessor of the Rock for the rest of the night could use it as a straddle (dead) from any position to gain last to act rights preflop. It’s use is optional unless the player is UTG and then it must be played.

The chip is also table currency so it can be used as part of a bet, call or raise if a player is just tired of looking at it.

When used out of position, the action simply skipped over the straddler, and continued around the table understanding that the going rate is now .50. All players acting after the straddle are still allowed to raise.

Aside from the mandatory UTG straddle I’d say the Rock hit the table about every 2.5 orbits. It was rather innocuous. Gave a little action but was nowhere near what a straddle option would be like.

Some people don’t like to have their BB’s straddled and their only recourse is to straddle themselves.

The Rock was a nice in-between and will be part of our game thru the rest of the summer. I don’t see any reason it would go away when real poker season begins sometime in mid September.

That is all.

IMG_4962.jpeg
IMG_4776.jpeg
IMG_4722.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom