• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Pink diamond mold clays? (1 Viewer)

uclaure

Flush
Reaction score
I was browsing eBay listings and came across these 500 pink diamond mold chips advertised as clay. The pictures aren’t that great. I first submitted a lowball offer. After thinking about it a few minutes, decided to gamble and bin for $75.
72EECEDF-8B72-4697-8193-9E040208BF49.jpeg
A7561BA9-6E7B-4C29-8CFA-1C54F6DB75F5.jpeg

That’s the same city where the seller shipped from...probably same person

The same seller has listed some purple diamond molds, also claiming that they’re clay...these don’t pass my sniff test however...look like injection mold super diamonds to me.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/253296872888

I agree, those look like plastic. The weird thing is I have a bunch of legit diamond mold Paulson's that all came in those exact same blue boxes. Maybe your pink chips originally came in those boxes. Eager to see some pics of your pinks!

I think this is the same guy that had like 20 thousand of these chips that he claimed were from the same lot. I remember a for sale add for them for like 4000 dollars..........i had him send me a bunch of pictures and he said they were vintage clay chips but I was 99 percent sure they were plastic.

Yeah, I’m waiting on those pink ones to arrive..they look legit. Those purple ones though are obviously plastic. I don’t think he can tell the difference.

Genuine compression molded "clay" indeed! Too bad you didn't get their original blue boxes. Great score!

Yeah, too bad about the boxes. They came in decent looking racks. I bought the remainder of the chips from the seller (not the purple ones, lol). He had some in green and white, but those were dirty and more worn. I’ll see if he has any of the boxes he can send them in.

As you can see, there is some slight color variance. I’ll see if a bath and oiling will clear that up. If not, I’ll do some sorting and separate into similar colors. I’ll have about 1200 of these pink ones. Time to get that drill press outta the box:sneaky:

Seller shipped the remaining chips yesterday. 6 medium flat rate boxes with around 800 chips in each:eek: They should be arriving sometime later this week. That’s a shitload of chippies. I will be looking for at least 1 other color, preferably 2, of chips on the same mold. Besides pink, there are also white and green ones, which seem to be in more dirty and used condition compared to the pinks. If anyone would like to trade, pm. I might also sell some outright. If you’re interested, pm. Thanks.

You can Mill these 1" , I think.

They could be labelled to make a great set.

You can Mill these 1" , I think.

They could be labelled to make a great set.

While a 1" bit will work, you will most likely mill away the inner ring of the mold. I'd go with 7/8 to keep the integrity of the mold intact. Below is a picture of a 1" bit with the yellow chip and 7/8 with the orange chip.

I agree, great choice for a milling project! (y) :thumbsup:

dm2.jpg
dm78.jpg

Thanks,

I was about to get a 1" to mill my Paulson's. I'll now just try my 7/8".

Thanks,

I was about to get a 1" to mill my Paulson's. I'll now just try my 7/8".

Russ,

NP. If you plan to mill any RHC or Roulette mold Paulson's, a 1" bit would be ideal. If you plan to mill THC Paulson's I would stick with the 7/8"

Well, all 6 medium flat rate boxes showed up on my doorstep today. Everyone of the boxes had at least one edge that was busted open. Thankfully, the seller did a good job of packing them and none were lost. I cleaned and oiled a barrel each of the white (more off white) and bright greens. Almost all of these two colored chips have the hotstamps completely gone and the edges are starting to round a bit. That’s fine for me because I will be milling and slapping on some gear labels in the not too distant future hopefully. The pinks are in mint or near mint condition and don’t appear to have been used. I don’t have the exact totals, but I estimate about 1200 pinks, 1800 greens, and 1500 whites. Decisions decisions:rolleyes:
643B1A1E-729A-4FD6-B57A-650B93158625.jpeg
77A52C90-E6CF-49BD-852A-EC68E2753F77.jpeg

My attempts at trying to get some background on these chips had hit a wall. The seller told me he had purchased them from a bowling alley that went out of business in Kellog Idaho. He said that the chips were just there, the alley didn’t double as a place of gambling. All my subsequent searches in Idaho turned up nothing. Today the seller sent me a message saying that someone told his wife that the chips came from Spokane. A quick search on chip guide revealed that these are probably from the Wilks &Wilks cardroom. The pictures of the chips on chipguide show probably an older series of 0.25, 1’s, and 5’s on the same diamond mold. The WW on the earlier version are inverted/reflected one on top of the other. I’ll have to scan and send the chipguide pics of these so that they could update their info. Here are a couple of ads that were in the bottom section under “other.”
39B7603E-47BA-45DD-83C0-762D2E94938E.jpeg
752C640A-5AA3-42E2-90FD-63823B9987EA.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom