Tourney Pineapple Showing of Cards (1 Viewer)

mipevi

Full House
Reaction score
Let’s say in a Crazy Pineapple tourney two players are all-in preflop and everyone else is out of the pot. Do you reveal the hands now, then get rid of the 3rd cards after the flop with the players acting in turn? This will in some cases allow the player in position to make better decisions. Or would you rather reveal the hands only after the extra cards have been discarded? Is there an official way to handle this?

Thanks! :)

Let’s say in a Crazy Pineapple tourney two players are all-in preflop and everyone else is out of the pot. Do you reveal the hands now, then get rid of the 3rd cards after the flop with the players acting in turn? This will in some cases allow the player in position to make better decisions. Or would you rather reveal the hands only after the extra cards have been discarded? Is there an official way to handle this?

Thanks! :)
I would think you should not reveal until after the discard

You should not reveal hands while there are still decisions to make. Choosing a discard is a decision.

The TDA rules say "All hands will be tabled without delay once a player is all-in and all betting action by all other players in the hand is complete" but I don't believe the TDA rules contemplate a pineapple tournament, or any other game where one discards cards or where there are any decisions to make other than betting actions. So I believe your scenario would not be covered by the official TDA rules, other than Rule One: "The best interest of the game and fairness are top priorities in decision-making. Unusual circumstances occasionally dictate that common-sense decisions in the interest of fairness take priority over technical rules."

Rule One absolutely would dictate that hands not be revealed until after all decisions have been made, even if there are no further betting decisions to be made.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom