Pick a T10,000 (1 Viewer)

crussader

Flush
Reaction score
For the Silver Eagle tournament set I have decided to go with a T100 base. Therefore, I want to add a T10,000 chip for re buys or deep stack structures. The rest of the lineup is fairly well set, but I'd like some opinions on the T10,000.

set comp.png

4, unless otherwise dictated by a medium shade of green on your felt :)
In the latter case, 2.

I like 4 because the black spot in the pattern stands out as a high denom. But I'd like to see how it looks with a white insert too.

For the Silver Eagle tournament set I have decided to go with a T100 base. Therefore, I want to add a T10,000 chip for re buys or deep stack structures. The rest of the lineup is fairly well set, but I'd like some opinions on the T10,000.

View attachment 168696

Far right wins. Then second from the right as a runner up.

These inlays are great too by the way. (y) :thumbsup:

I too play T100 based tourneys, and we use a lot of T10,000. I like most #1

I would also consider increasing the denom font :)

you sure you don't want 20k or 25k?

This will be a 20 player set with a standard 20K starting stack. I thought about making the re buy/deep stack chip a T20k, but then it would never be more than a place holder. A T10k chip might never get into actual play either, but at least it would have a chance to. Also, it would provide the option of 30K starting stacks. I decided it's only 20 more chips to use the T10k, so why not?

These inlays are great too by the way. (y) :thumbsup:

Thanks. It's a plan B design I threw together in Powerpoint as a placeholder.

I'm probably going more in this direction...

SET Review 03.png

Although, I could do something more dramatic like this...

SET Review 02.png

..More harmonious with itself and the others.

This is my number one priority.

That seems to dictate a light green base. I had initially planned to use the light green as a T25 because it blended so well with the set. My concern with using as a T10k is it might not have enough punch for the top end chip. The #2 chip does seem like a good fit, but I'm still playing with other spot patterns to see if I can add some strength without destroying the balance of the set.

SET Review 04.png

Not being sure about my eyes, glasses and screen (in that order:)), I 'd just describe my vote, at the point you are now:
Light Green 8D18 w RetroGreen and Black

@krafiticus: Sure, retro colors are the most classic / archetypal ones and clearly the best if other specific considerations (general style and concept of a set, desired inlay background color, playing surface color) do not apply.

@crussader: How about this:
T10,000 for Cruss.png

I've been playing with this since I got home and have at least come to one conclusion. I think I'm going to stick with the 414418 spot. It picks up the 1/4 spots from the 100,500, and 1000. And the crossing pattern of the 1/8 spots plays off the crossing pattern of the 100,1000,and 5000.

I've tried almost all of the colors as a base to see if I find something, but not many options work. These seem like the best prospects...

base.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom