Pet peeve of the week (1 Viewer)

superchromix

Full House
Reaction score
This may sound silly, minor, and trivial, but there’s something that’s been bugging me in the PCF classifieds lately...

“Catch and release”

WTF people?? You bought some chips. Now you want to sell them. Fine, no problem. But WTF is with this “Catch and release” BS? You make it sound like a cool new chipping trend or something. How about just listing up the chips for sale like in the good old days, without the need for this “catch and release” flourish? I for one could care less if you’re “catching and releasing”, and I’m sure most on this site would agree.

/rant

Last edited:
F1B1742B-A23A-4D70-A338-7339B5134C5A.jpeg

I think it’s to indicate that one is not flipping the chips they just bought and offering them back to the community at cost.
Perhaps, but that doesn’t make it less lame ;)

Just an fyi don’t anyone take this thread too seriously..

I’ve always read catch and release to indicate a couple things. Most importantly that hey, I just bought these, you can look up that I just bought these, they didn’t make it into play much, you can double check my description and wear across another user, and I’m just looking to sell for the same price I paid.

I guess it’s no different than saying, “Hey I just bought these but will be passing them along,” but maybe just easier/shorter.

all the language that basically states “I have 0 idea if these chips are mint but they haven’t seen play and they look pretty new so let’s call them mint!”

just let the pictures stand for themselves :p

Ok, if we're doing grammar issues............

alot is not a word!!!!!!!!! :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom