PCF Cigars (7 Viewers)

Low 40s today. Feels like spring!
762D3754-7ADC-4A6A-9483-402E08F8958F.jpeg

The warmth continues so I decided to host tonight for the cigar crew. Sold my heavy ass table and got a lighter folding table to keep wife from complaining when she has to help me move the table. Don't have the Trips at home to help much.

Since the last game, I've gotten in new cards mold tournament and cash chips plus the table and topper so might as well do a tourney (T7500) then cash.

The set up.

20230210_161633.jpg
20230128_142310.jpg
20230113_143314.jpg

Can't wait to see how my players react to the 43mm Sunset Beach chips. That is a beach in NC, one of the reasons I got them.

The bar was not bad.
20230210_231136.jpg

The chips were a hit although some didn't even recognize I wasn't using clay chips. SB 43mm were a big hit. Players preferred these.

Got felted on the bubble when I called a short stack's all-in with A10. One other caller. A86 rainbow on the flop. I shove and get called against A8. Blinds were pretty high at that point.

There's one guy that no one every knows what he has. He never raises and just calls with full houses. I said man this is a tournament, build that stack.

Have you tried the others in that series also? I really like the Sweet Jane but haven't tried Leather Rose
I have 4 of them. This is the first. I had it in las vegas at "tap and ash" cigar lounge. Before I left, I grabbed more from deadwood for my box. I'm looking forward to try them. I did grab a couple sweet jane, also crazy Alice and fat bottom Betty.

I have 4 of them. This is the first. I had it in las vegas at "tap and ash" cigar lounge. Before I left, I grabbed more from deadwood for my box. I'm looking forward to try them. I did grab a couple sweet jane, also crazy Alice and fat bottom Betty.
Fat Bottom Betty are fantastic. Smooth n sweet but not overpowering, one of my favorites.

Quad Johnson was the store manager of a liquor and fine cigar shop for a number of years before changing careers.

My personal favorite, after taking product knowledge classes and cigar sample meet ups, was anything from the Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Gold line. Particularly the torpedo.

carlosToranoExodus50YearsHeader.jpg
Man. That was my favorite cigar at the time but that was like 15+ years ago when I last had one. It's my understanding they changed ownership and have been on the downward trend ever since which checks out. I revisited one last year. idk if my tastes changed or the quality changed but it was just boring. Alright construction, burned fine but forgettable in every way.

These days my favorites are Padron anything. I tend to gravitate towards the 3000, both natural and maduro. They're both so good for their applications. I like the natural over coffee in the morning and a maduro at night over cocktails.

I enjoy the other lines but they are pricey such as the Family Reserve or 1964 or 1926. All amazing smokes.

I've read the Damaso line is boring but haven't tried one yet. I'll wait until I get it in a sampler.

For my money, the 3000 is a perfect every day smoke with the more premium offerings a downright treat when up for the occasion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom