PayPal? No way pal! (1 Viewer)

BonScot

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Got a problem with PayPal. First time I’ve seen this but I’ve organised a European group buy of desjgn cards and everyone has paid me... however all of their payments are sitting as pending.
I can’t see anywhere to click to accept the money and some of it has been sitting there for a week now.
Only thing that’s different about these payments is that they’re in $ and I usually get paid in £.
Anyone able to help?

Yes this has happened before, sometimes through international payments PayPal investigates the payment if they think its suspicious activity. Theres a thread on it...

Last edited:
For my business which has infrequent but larger transactions we use Zelle or Chase QuickPay whenever we can. Then Venmo if possible. PayPal would have to be absolute worst case scenario. I would think Venmo is the most ideally suited for PCF. I am surprised I don’t see more people use it.

the one thing I will say as a pro to PayPal is that I like having the automatic separate “chipping” account/credit to keep myself in check.

When does a Pending PayPal Payment Occur?
A ‘pending’ payment can occur in any of the following circumstances:

• You are new to PayPal. It takes a number of transactions to demonstrate to PayPal that you are a genuine buyer or seller. Completing all sets to confirm your identity as well as using PayPal regularly builds up a good rapport with PayPal and can move your payments out of the ‘pending’ status. Ensure you email address has been confirmed.
  • You have ceased selling on your site for a long period of time. If this occurs you will need to build back up a positive selling or buying history.
  • Bad customer feedback. If you have too many refunds, charge-backs or disputes it can change the availability of funds within your PayPal account.
  • PayPal recognizes your selling pattern as unusual or suspicious. Selling high risk items such as gift cards can also increase the chance of finding ‘pending’ payments in your account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp...pending-what-if-i-decide-to-cancel-it-faq3290

https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/paypal-funds-still-pending-10357

Doesn’t seem to be anything to tell me how to go from pending to accepting payments...

I’ll check it on my laptop when I go to work and see if I can figure it out.

M8t the answer is in the video

1582269924815.png

Didn’t realise I was expected to do some work and actually watch it :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Cool I’ll watch it later and let you know how I get on.

Consider using Revolut! I realize this isn't very helpful to solve your problem now, but maybe for next time. It works in many European countries. Also coming to the US soon enough!

I've transactions on it from European members now, and it's awesome

Can't understand those countries that do not bet on the old good traditional wire transfer.... ;)

People uses PayPal but on F&F, and as from the moment that you do F&F there is no buyer protection which make the use of PayPal questionable.

Have also been having problems receiving from the US, even though the buyer has funds in his balance it won't let him send.

That revolut seems promising but seems like there's some regulations in Canada preventing it from operating. Sucks there's no better options out there beside maybe bitcoin.

As an international chipper, I loathe PayPal and their never-ending string of fees and terrible conversion rates. Direct transfers via IBAN or with apps like Twint are free, quick and easy over here, but alas aren't international. Venmo seems like a good option, but again, not international. PayPal remains more or less the only feasible (make that fee-sible) solution atm.

Bitcoin I admittedly have very little knowledge of, however the volatility of it would make me somewhat reluctant to use if for day-to-day transactions. Perhaps others see it differently.

That's the same way I see it. Too volatile and the chances of me misplacing a password or storage screwing up and the hassle of backing it up... no thanks.

As an international chipper, I loathe PayPal and their never-ending string of fees and terrible conversion rates.
Agreed. However, if you (a) choose to send in the amount in the recipient's currency (choosing the same one on both the sender's and the receiver's side, before entering the amount), and (b) manually change the conversion option so that it is not PayPal who does the conversion but the card issuer, you save a lot. The fee is then also fixed, about $2/€2.

Agreed. However, if you (a) choose to send in the amount in the recipient's currency (choosing the same one on both the sender's and the receiver's side, before entering the amount), and (b) manually change the conversion option so that it is not PayPal who does the conversion but the card issuer, you save a lot. The fee is then also fixed, about $2/€2.
Yup. It's always fun to compare what paypall wanted to charge with what the card issuer finally charged.

It's like when shopping abroad, sometimes the card terminal will ask "pay is Swedish krona or [local]?". Always pick local.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom