Paulson Top Hat and Cane (Classics) (1 Viewer)

We all like what we like. I am a CDI guy myself, but I really like the Classics as well. @allforcharity has a bit of distaste for anything on the Paulson Chips mold... as do many other serious chippers in this forum. And I can't disagree with the fact that the THC mold is superior... but you've also got to stay true to yourself. If these are the chips that got you into chipping, and they still have a place in your heart, then who cares what other people think? But FWIW, I think they're beautiful! So good luck building your set.
That was a very classy post for the Classic thread! :tup:
I’m in the minority that love plastic chips, so I can definitely relate. The Borgada Bud Jones v7 was the first chips that caught my eye - way before I got into chips.
And in my poker circle, I’m probably the only one that would object dice chips. It’s like trying to take a bunch of kids that want to go to McDonald’s to Peter Lugers stake house :banghead:

Probably because they are not as fanatical about how chips feel and are thinking bigger inlays are better for marketing.
But I have no credibility or any factual insight, just my 2 cents.
Maybe they are onto PCFers harvesting THCs

Jack Cincinnati THCs are definitely what I would consider ‘top-notch’ poker chips
Why did they use RHCs for higher denominations?

Jacks are RHC, the higher denoms are IHC (Inverted Hat & Cane) which are 43mm chips and that's the only mold used for 43mm chips if I'm not mistaken

Jacks are RHC, the higher denoms are IHC (Inverted Hat & Cane) which are 43mm chips and that's the only mold used for 43mm chips if I'm not mistaken
The Cincinnati’s might have THC $1s & snappers not sure...didn’t look it up. But yeah, the JAck Detroit is RHC up to $500 and IHC for 1k and 5k

I was exaggerating a bit but I remember seeing your pictures once - You had stacks of chips at least 2 barrels high and your sets were still massive
If I stack my set like that.. I’ll have about 5 stacks in the picture!!

Never had Classic’s either... :tup:

It seems to me this thread was established specifically to share pr0n of Paulson Classics because the OP likes them so much. Yet some of you seem to have taken that as an invitation to share with the forum why you don't like Paulson Classics or the Paulson Chips mold in general. If the OP had his chips listed for sale in the classifieds, wouldn't this be viewed as thread crapping? This has been happening far too often IMO. Same thing happened multiple times when I had 05 CDIs listed or wanted to relist them.

Speaking of classics, what do you guys owning sets use for 5k chips?

Great question. When I started out to build a set of the 'Paulson Chips' mould set, I also ran into this...what to do for a $5K chip. I bought up 10 Pharaoh's plaques to start. I also did go the WTHC T5K route as well. They really do line up well and the edge spot pattern fits in my opinion.
IMG_20190903_065841.jpg
IMG_20190629_155918.jpg

It seems to me this thread was established specifically to share pr0n of Paulson Classics because the OP likes them so much. Yet some of you seem to have taken that as an invitation to share with the forum why you don't like Paulson Classics or the Paulson Chips mold in general. If the OP had his chips listed for sale in the classifieds, wouldn't this be viewed as thread crapping? This has been happening far too often IMO. Same thing happened multiple times when I had 05 CDIs listed or wanted to relist them.

Well said my friend! I still have and will always have a soft spot for all that is Paulson Chips mould. When actually played, they are wicked chips. Classy colorations and simple but striking edgespots. There is very obvious thread crap here in my opinion. So I've put up some pr0n...maybe get this thread back on track.

@charitycase , it's nice to see your set coming along. Not a day goes by I don't regret selling my set. I had a nice one. Had to draw funds and sold it, but I'm jealous of your photos. Cool man!
DSC01202.JPG
DSC01308.JPG

Great question. When I started out to build a set of the 'Paulson Chips' mould set, I also ran into this...what to do for a $5K chip. I bought up 10 Pharaoh's plaques to start. I also did go the WTHC T5K route as well. They really do line up well and the edge spot pattern fits in my opinion. View attachment 361916View attachment 361919

Well said my friend! I still have and will always have a soft spot for all that is Paulson Chips mould. When actually played, they are wicked chips. Classy colorations and simple but striking edgespots. There is very obvious thread crap here in my opinion. So I've put up some pr0n...maybe get this thread back on track.

@charitycase , it's nice to see your set coming along. Not a day goes by I don't regret selling my set. I had a nice one. Had to draw funds and sold it, but I'm jealous of your photos. Cool man!
View attachment 361923View attachment 361924
I had a feeling of regret not buying those chips from you, not that I needed any more for my .25/.50 game. It’s a sickness I tell you :LOL: :laugh:

Those grey 5Ks are great and fit in pretty nicely, gotta look out for those. Thx!
The plaques aren‘t really my thing, although nice looking, I don‘t really like playing with plaques.

Paulson Top Hat & Cane Classics, CharityCase Preview.png

I'm working on some cool images to start an Official Pr0n thread for the Classics - I think I'll try to put together some dates, clay color info, and other specs that I can find online..
I obviously need to clean-up my $1ks and try to get better images in certain places - But it's difficult to find the free time to make everything look as nice as I want them to look for the forum..

My current problem: I only have one barrel of $10s and don't have any $1s..
Does anyone want to contribute pictures of these for the inaugural post (above, still in progress...)?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom