Paulson Poker Chips cleaning (1 Viewer)

iceman5691

Two Pair
Reaction score
Which method to clean chip works best?

Dishwasher or Hand cleaning with a plastic brush w/ soap & water?

Really!!!!
Yes.

Screenshot_20230709-103115.png

Search for the ultrasonic cleaning threads, and you will find how to use the salad spinner in order to accomplish clean chip nirvana. (The before picture was too gross to post)

Ultrasonic cleaning for lots of dirty chips, then magic erase for the persistent dirty spots, then oil the chips and wipe clean several times. I oil chips that have lots of color transfer and wipe clean several times. Most of the time I can get away with just oiling chips with mineral oil and wiping them clean repeatedly. I prefer mineral oil as a cleaner because it won't dry out the chip nor bleed out the color as will most detergents. I think my chips appreciate oil cleaning:)

Toothpaste + brush/electric brush works great too.
A lot of work, but you clean the chips not very often...

Thanks for the advice!

For heavy duty (dirt in the mold), it works great.
Only the edges - not the inlay.
Use standart white toothpaste - not these 'microgranuli' sorts.

This is the way i go when dish soap don't do the job.

Looks like this works very well!
I've been using this method to clean the vast majority of my chips for the past 4 years. I couldn't imagine cleaning them all by hand. It would have taken forever.

But there are also downsides. For example, depending on the type of faux TSP you use, the chips can come out more faded/dry-looking. This is because you've stripped out some of the oils as well as the dirt. So, you have to spend time piling them after they are clean. But that's a small price to pay for a squeaky clean chips in a fraction of the time.

In my experience, just a bit of dish soap + water, run them through my fingers, and then let them dry on a micro fiber cloth!

Ultrasonic cleaning for lots of dirty chips, then magic erase for the persistent dirty spots, then oil the chips and wipe clean several times. I oil chips that have lots of color transfer and wipe clean several times. Most of the time I can get away with just oiling chips with mineral oil and wiping them clean repeatedly. I prefer mineral oil as a cleaner because it won't dry out the chip nor bleed out the color as will most detergents. I think my chips appreciate oil cleaning:)
Newbie here. Do you use mineral oil over the entire chip or just the edges excluding the inlays? TIA

Newbie here. Do you use mineral oil over the entire chip or just the edges excluding the inlays? TIA

Some people will tell you just to oil the edges. I don’t buy that.

I use the oil-and-water method, using a salad spinner to dunk about a rack of chips at a time.

You need very, very little mineral oil with this method. Like half a cap for hundreds of chips.

Then spread them out on a towel, and lay a second towel on top to get surface water off.

Let them air dry a bit. Flip them over a couple of times, giving them a twist on each turn.

If you find that the inlays are slick, use a microfiber cloth to dab each one quickly.

I’ll visually inspect the chips before putting them back in racks. But there is seldom any visible oil by this point. Just that subtly richer Paulson color.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom