Paulson Poker Chip Cleaning / Oil (2 Viewers)

I would use the search tool on the website, there are a ton of great threads discussing experiences and best practice methods. For me, I use dish soap, warm water, and an electric toothbrush for gunky chips. If the chips are in worse condition, I add some degreaser into the mix. For oil, I used mineral oil from target. Worked like a charm.

I would use the search tool on the website, there are a ton of great threads discussing experiences and best practice methods. For me, I use dish soap, warm water, and an electric toothbrush for gunky chips. If the chips are in worse condition, I add some degreaser into the mix. For oil, I used mineral oil from target. Worked like a charm.
Electric toothbrush… never thought to use it.
I will give it a try :tup:

I've used a ultrasonic toothbrush, Phillips, and it makes easier with of dirtier chips. I've never used anything other than Dawn dish soap, so, I have no tales to tell about other products. Mineral oil wipe around the edges, outer 1/4 inch "ring."

With a proper soak to loosen the dirt, a bigger dish scrubbing brush is so much more efficient than a small toothbrush. The only time I’d ever reccomend using a toothbrush is if you’re cleaning hot stamped chips and need to be careful around the stamps.

I use these when the chips are really dirty :
IMG_3188.jpeg

What degreaser do you use for your chips? I have run into some ncv majestic star 100's that refuse to give up their dirt with the ultrasonic soap/salt wash method I have used on my other chips. I have tried rubbing alcohol and nothing much comes off but they are still layered in gunk after treatment that cleans everything else.

I’ve always gotten really good results with TSP substitute. Oxiclean is amazing but it will definitely fade the colors of your chips. @drchipkiller told me he gets really good results with simple green.

What degreaser do you use for your chips? I have run into some ncv majestic star 100's that refuse to give up their dirt with the ultrasonic soap/salt wash method I have used on my other chips. I have tried rubbing alcohol and nothing much comes off but they are still layered in gunk after treatment that cleans everything else.
Members mark brand, think it’s blue or purple in color.

Members mark brand, think it’s blue or purple in color.
Never thought to use degreaser. I remember buying degreaser to clean my bongs and it always worked insanely well, lol.

I'm guessing it prob won't affect hot stamps too much?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom