• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Paulson Color Sample set on Ebay (1 Viewer)

I need:

Aqua
Avacado
Blood Red
Blue Grain
Carnation
Carrot
Cherry
Coffee
Dark Red
Desert Flower
Grape
Lemon Green
Light Violet
Mexican Rose
Ocean Blue
Pale Green
Pastel Green
Pumpkin
Rubine Red
Tan

Extra's I have are Russet, Bronze, Metallic Gold, and Royal Blue.

Same two since you posted fwiw and the highest bidder clearly saw this specific post.

My bet would be on shill or some kind of nefarious bidding. Runner up is a member whose got more money than patience.
Thanks for clearing that up. Not too familiar with eBay and how it all works but this seems just crazy to me.

Same two since you posted fwiw and the highest bidder clearly saw this specific post.

My bet would be on shill or some kind of nefarious bidding. Runner up is a member whose got more money than patience.
I was hoping no one was going to post it here but knew it would probably happen, oh well, just saved a bunch of money and will continue to look for the 20 I need.

I was hoping no one was going to post it here but knew it would probably happen, oh well, just saved a bunch of money and will continue to look for the 20 I need.
I waited myself but decided to post the madness in case I’m missing something. Looks like im missing smoking crack.

I waited before bed the last night to set an alarm. Was at $410. I don’t like to bid too early I find that drives the price up more then bidding at the last few hours. Maybe I’m wrong and these are super hot right now but im going to just sit back and watch it. I Wonder if I Ill see a ton of Sets listed this week, guess we wait and see. I have two sets. One full minus the 14 new editions and one 87 chip total missing 2 new I just picked up for $405 from a friend here. Over $1500 for 81 colors is just too extreme. It’s borderline Luda.
What goes up must come down...these prices are not sustainable for 99% of the members.
I don't think we are ever going back to 2018 prices, too much happend...but some members are going to get burned when prices are coming down (and they will).

Last edited:
What goed up must come down...these prices are not sustainable for 99% of the members.
I don't think we are ever going back to 2018 prices, too much happend...but some members are going to get burned when prices are coming down (and they will).
Well that sucks because I didn't like prices in 2018 either :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Runner up is a member whose got more money than patience.

B5BB5B22-9A2A-499D-9D18-5E1DE58017AE.jpeg

(not me I promise :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:)

Hard to phantom the latest bid of $1525 — with
just about 3 hours to go in the eBay auction .
I have a 60 chip set that I might just put in an
eBay auction …

Did it get this high because a few of the colors were so rare? I’m assuming a regular color sample set wouldn’t go for anywhere close to the same marked up price

Wow. This is nuts. And the high bidder just increased his max. Looks like the second place bidder was getting too close.

5D83C408-02A8-4A50-BA8F-A54A7E69A8CE.png

This is insane.

Almost $20/chip for solid hot stamped sample chips made by a company that will never sell to you. Unless you're running a NAGB, what sense does this make? Even then, if you get an "in" with a GPI sales rep for a large order, they'll send you a color sample direct from the factory at your request.

$1500 for a color set is an insta-sell without ever feeling any sellers remorse....

And this is coming from someone that is still holding on to his PCA set after +10 years (incl the recent WW buy-out)

Maybe we should try a faux color sample set on the cards mold...some tribute sets are insane close on color matching.
Not sure if all colors could be matched within acceptable margin but could be worth a shot

Last edited:
$1500 for a color set is an insta-sell without ever feeling any sellers remorse....

And this is coming from someone that is still holding on to his PCA set after +10 years (incl the recent WW buy-out)

Maybe we should try a faux color sample set on the cards mold...some tribute sets are insane close on color matching.
Not sure if all colors could be matched within acceptable margin but could be worth a shot
Well whoever needs color samples that bad must have one helluva collection of chips. Would love to see em!

Is anyone really surprised at this? I've got nothing against the occasional auction, but when they become the norm for seemingly every other Classified, this is what happens.

Did it get this high because a few of the colors were so rare? I’m assuming a regular color sample set wouldn’t go for anywhere close to the same marked up price
No this makes zero sense. 79 of the chips are uncommon, at the rarest, if not semi-common and wouldn’t go for more than $7-$8/chip if auctioned in singles on eBay IMO even in this market. I honestly think something fishy is going on here for two people to be going this hard but I could be wrong.

No this makes zero sense. 79 of the chips are uncommon, at the rarest, if not semi-common and wouldn’t go for more than $7-$8/chip if auctioned in singles on eBay IMO even in this market. I honestly think something fishy is going on here for two people to be going this hard but I could be wrong.
There is a sucker born every day. I do know I’ve wanted a complete color set for MANY years. Still don’t have it. Just don’t see them often enough.

Obviously.............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom